Corsair Community

Gigabyte K8NS Pro and TwinX 4000 Pro

jeffsteiner

I just switched over to this AMD platform from a Canterwood based board and am trying to get some decent speed out of this memory. I cannot get this memory to work well and am hoping that you can point me in the right direction. If I OC the HTT above 200Mhz the memory starts to fail in MemTest. I have to set the memory divider to 166 instead of leaving it at 200 - this is with the memory set to 2.7. I am leaving the timings loose (3-4-4-10) and still this seems to be the problem. I can, while the memory divider is at 166, overclock the HTT until I hit that 200Mhz mark and then the memory starts to fail again? RG: Can you point me in the right direction here or am I just not going to see good performance here out of these sticks on an nForce3 board? Thanks, Jeff

• Corsair Employee
Please try and test the modules on another MB if possible one at a time with [url]www.memtest.org[/url] and let’s make sure one is not failing! However, if you had these running on another platform with out problems I would suspect the MB you have now, may not over clock very well!

Archived