Corsair Community

Need help choosing rite ram for mobo

Hi, I have an MSI 865pe neo2-LS motherboard with a p4 2.6C. I am about to purchase some Corsair memory for it. I am deciding between the following: TwinX1024-3200C2PT. TWINX1024-3200C2PRO. TWINX1024-3200LL. TwinX1024-3200LLPT. I plan to overclock my computer with very aggressive memory timings as well as increasing the fsb. I've searched the forums and people seem to have mixed luck with this motherboard. I really want something that will overclock well and be stable. Can anyone help me make the right choice? I do not wish to spend over $300 and i want to stick with the pc3200. Thanks. :)

From what I have seen the MSI bios is difficult to tune properly with the LL RAM. You should do some searches here and at the MSI forum before you buy. Also, have a look at the Corsair Tech link for RAM recommended for your MOBO: [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/products/guides/MSI-1203.pdf]LINK[/URL] The LL RAM is a good suggestion and is more high performance RAM but, you may avoid problems in going with the Corsair recommendations of the PC3200C2, PC3700, PC4000. The MSI boards are very hard to tune with low latency RAM. Mike.

Archived