Corsair Community

Gigabyte K8NS Pro + Corsair 2x512MB 3200XL Pro DDR400

chaosx123

I'm running a K8NS Pro with 2 sticks of Corsair 3200XL Pro 512MB and the system refuses to be stable at 200MHz HT. This RAM is rated to run at DDR400 with 2-2-2-5 which it does comfortably even at 210MHz when the sticks are run separately. However if I stick them in together (in slots 1:2 or 1:3 or 2:3) the system is unstable. Prime crashes out after a few minutes and apps and games crash out after a few minutes as well. Right now I'm forced into running the 2 sticks at 166MHz in the BIOS however CPU-Z detects them running at 158MHz(!). They're stable at this speed but I'd just like to know what the hell I can do to get this to work at rated speed. I've tried all sorts of timings, cranked the vdimm to +2 (max :/), lowered HT, absolutely everything, but it refuses to work. I know the sticks are fine as I've tested both separately with the tightest timings and lowest voltage at 210Mhz and they memtested overnight with 0 errors. Any ideas? I just tried to use Gigabyte's technical support form but it's borked (funnily enough). Thanks in advance.

• Corsair Employee
This MB is not dual channel and may not be able to run with 2 modules at tight timings! This is a limitation of the memory controller not the MB! However, you can try and install them in slots 1-3 or 2-3 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and set the timings to Cass 2-3-2-6 with the Rass to Cass to "3" and see if that will run more stable!

Archived