Corsair Community

NOOB Question beware!!!

Agent F

I am currently getting around 25 C idle on my P4 3.2 Ghz with a Gigabyte 8Ik1100. The 25 C is the read out the hydrocool is giving me. Easytune 4 (software from motherboard) says it's idleing at 33 C.(Ambient temp is about 35 C in the case) There is a big difference between what the 2 are reading, wich one is right or is there a number i have to factor in for the built in mobo monitor? I didn't use the thermal paste that came with the unit, i oped for some Artic Silver 5. Also I am looking into getting a waterblock for my graphics card (6800 GT) do you guys have anything that i can use or can you give me another good brand i should opt to go with. I know it's a fairly new card and i have seen that Danger Den has a block for it. Would the HC support this block? and what else would i need in order for it to work. Thx for helping a watercooling noob out. :p:

The temp difference that you are seeing is normal. The display for the Hydrocool shows the temp of the water block not the actual CPU. The temp reading from the software comes from the hardware monitoring chip built into the mother board. This is more accurate of the two. Corsair does not currently have any GPU blocks that will work with the 6800 series of cards. The Danger Den block uses 1/2" or 3/8" tubing which will require adapters to work with the 1/4" tubing that the HC uses. If there was any block I would want for my 6800 it would be the Danger Den block though. BFG is selling cards that come with Koolance blocks, but I don’t see anywhere on Koolances site that shows that it supports the 6800 series cards direct from Koolance.

Archived