Corsair Community

CMX512-XMS3200C2 / Trouble with memory divider

Mark E. Smith

My first post here: Today I bought a TwinX Set of CMX-XMS3200C2, which is causing trouble: Regardless of the timings I choose - with the 5:4 divider I get random errors and tons of BSOD's in Windows XP. I tried upping the voltage to 2.8V and 2.9V, Dimm-Slots 2+4 but...no go :confused: Specs: DFI Lanparty Pro 875B Rev. B1 2x512MB XMS3202V4.2 P4 3.0C Northwood 2-3-3-6@2.8V in 1:1 runs flawlessly :): Even 2-2-2-5 in 1:1 is running without any errors but as soon as I set the divider to DDR320 (5:4) windows crashes randomly. With Samsung TCCC and OCZ Platinum Ltd. Edtion (BH6) I can overclock easily to FSB250 but not with the Corsairs? Any suggestions?

• Corsair Employee
That is not a module problem! If the modules will run at the tested settings but not with a divider setting then it is likely a bios or chipset issue! More than likely since you can run these settings with other modules on this MB it’s just bios that may solve it! But honestly we do not test with a divider setting like this and most MB makers would not test like this as well!

Archived