Corsair Community

Replace one module from set of 3 (TR3X6G1600C8D)

auGambit

Hello,

I purchased a 3 module kit (TR3X6G1600C8D) back in 2010. I shipped my computer recently due to a move, and the computer was damaged during the shipping. Part of the damage is that one of my three memory modules is not working any more. I'd like to just replace the one module rather than upgrade.

Is it possible to buy those modules by themselves?

Thanks,

Josh

if the case was banged around during shipping its quite possible the CPU may have shifted and one of the pins is not making good contact. could be the slot because of it. i would just reseat everything, look for bent pins and swap the sticks around.

good luck!

Thanks for the quick replies.

I did have insurance, finally got the computer back last night after dealing with the US post office for 2 months. Actually what happened was the package was dropped so hard that it knocked the CPU fan off. So the fan bouncing around in there could have messed any number of things up.

I checked the socket pins last night while I was installing the new fan. Every thing seemed fine. The module that I think is bad is the only one out of the three that doesn't change the memory count when I insert/remove it. Tried different slots too.

I'll look into getting it RMA'ed, else I guess I'll need to replace all three. I was hoping that I could buy just a replacement module of the same exact part.

Thanks,

Josh

Archived