Corsair Community

Can I combine a 2x256mb twinx PC-3200 with 512mb pc3200 Kingston value ram?

igotserved

Just looking for a straight unbiased answer, I have this PC3200 2x256mb TwinX and I wanted to upgrade without spending premium on Corsair so I got 2 512mb sticks of Kingston Value RAM. Is it possible for me to have all 4 of these sticks installed? Is there a special way I should position them or tweak any settings? I've been told that as long they are both PC3200 then it is fine but I wanted to see your response. Thanks

• Corsair Employees
It will depend on a few things! What is the exact part# of our module and what is the part# of the other maker’s modules? And what is the make and model of MB you have? Most MB's today will not even post if all of the modules are not exactly matched!

Just stuck them in. I put the Corsairs in the first two dimms and the Kingstons in the other two. I went in the BIOS and set the voltage on SDRAM to 2.7v (there was no 2.75v option) and rebooted. On the post screen it was able to read all the 1.5gb of memory but then it failed to boot windows :( How do I go about setting the CAS? Will that have any effect or is this a lost cause?

Archived