Corsair Community

Asus K8V SE Deluxe + 2 Corsair CMX512-3200LL = No Post?

blaker4393

I just purchased the following from newegg.com: Asus K8V SE-Deluxe Motherboard Corsair TwinX1024RE-3200LL RT (2 XMS CMX512RE-3200LL) Athlon 64 3000+ Processor Asus Radeon X800 Pro 256 Aspire ATX-AS520W PSU Western Digital 7200 WD1600JD HD And here is my problem: I've read many posts saying that this motherboard is having problems running two sticks of RAM at once. RAM Guy says in each of these that they should raise the DIM voltage to 2.7V and sometimes gives a reference to changing clock times to 2.5-3-3-7 (or something similar). He also suggests running memtest86. I can run 1 stick of this RAM and it will post, but when I put both in, it will not post. I've tried setting the DIM voltage to 2.7V, and putting one stick on 1-1 & in 1-3. I have had the same result with all this: no post. I don't understand the whole 2.5-3-3-7. The BIOS has settings for the RAM: Memclock Mode (Auto) Memclock to CPU Ration (Auto - 1:1 [DDR 200]) Bank Interleaving (Auto) CAS Latency (Auto) TRC (Auto) TRFC (Auto) TRCD (Auto) TWR (Auto) TRWT (Auto) TRAS (Auto) DDR Clock Delay (Auto) I've looked in the manual to see what each of these does and it just says "Sets the TRAS." or something similar. Please help me out and let me know what I should do and please be very specific as I don't know which of the above settings I should change when you say 2.5-3-3-7, etc. I also don't understand how you can run memtest86 if you aren't able to post or if you don't have Windows installed. Is it a boot disc? Thanks in advance for any help you have to offer.

Specmike: I searched these forums for "K8V SE Deluxe" and it pulls up several threads where people have used the same RAM that I have purchased on this board. Should I RMA the RAM to Newegg or try flashing the BIOS and see if it works? Currently I'm installing Windows on that system with only one stick in it. Why will the board work with one stick and not two if it's not supposed to be compatible with either? Thanks in advance.

Occasionally, users have gotten those boards to run with unstable and limited functionality with 1 stick of registered RAM. But, it is not advisable and I certainly would not try to flash the bios with the wrong RAM in the board. If your flash goes bad, your board will be dead. Trust me, in spite of what else you might have found, your board is not designed for registered RAM. Mike.

Also, I'm not sure where you searched but, read this one: [URL=http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27496&highlight=K8V+registered]RAM GUY's reply to the same issue. [/URL] Best of luck to you, If I am not mistaken, the PC3200C2 is best recommended RAM for that MOBO. And, since it is single channel, if you want 1gb of RAM yoiu will be better off with a single 1gb stick as a single stick brings less inherent latency to the system. Mike.

• Corsair Employees
blaker4393 This MB K8V-SE does not support registered memory, you might get the system to post with one module! But for sure it will not post with 2! I would suggest you use Twinx1024-3200LL with no "R" or "RE" in the part#, and use slots 1-3 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and you will have no problems!

Archived