Corsair Community

PSU without sticker

tmaven

Hi!!

How are u corsair guys?

I have little problem (:). I had paper tape over main sticker on psu ax850 (the one with details). But when I was removing it, I teared sticker with it :/. It is in one piece. The warranty sticker is not damaged. Its still over screw.

Question:

Did I lose warranty? (hope not)

BTW: I hope, it will work for ages without problem :D

Second question: I have Corsair H80 and both fans are broken (what a luck), so I just bought noctuas and throw out corsairs.. Can I rma it without fans? (again I hope it will work for ages) :D

• Corsair Employees

Not sure why you have a paper tape over the main sticker, but standard warranty policy, once you have removed any of the sticker or any label from the unit that will automatically void your warranty. My advice is, in an event an RMA is needed, contact our Customer service and explain what the situation before proceeding with the RMA.

Submit and RMA request, we can replace just the fans. btw, did you try connecting the fans directly to your MB header and see if they would run?

http://img7.rajce.idnes.cz/d0703/6/6163/6163395_4c9db3076f389529e47e1ceb7800ae20/images/DSCN1999.jpg?ver=0

http://img7.rajce.idnes.cz/d0703/6/6163/6163395_4c9db3076f389529e47e1ceb7800ae20/images/DSCN2000.jpg?ver=0

As u can see. Im modding apple case and i use paper tape to cover psu before scratching... (I did it as with medical plaster > fast tear off = without pain)

My gf throw fans to bin, after my words "leave it, its broken"... (U know woman and IT stuff..).

• Corsair Employees

Our Warranty Policy is specific About this:

Exclusions

This warranty does not cover problems or damage resulting from, but not limited to, any of the following:

Wear and tear associated with normal use

Any modification, abuse, accident, disassembly, misapplication, or unauthorized repair

Removal of any manufacturer label(s) or sticker(s)

Any improper operation, including any use not in accordance with any supplied product instructions

Connection to any improper voltage supply

Use of consumables, such as replacement batteries, not supplied by Corsair, except where such restriction is prohibited by applicable local law

Any other cause which does not relate to a product defect in materials or workmanship

Also excluded from this warranty are counterfeit products; that is, products that Corsair, at its sole discretion, determines were not manufactured by Corsair or any of its authorized manufacturing partners.

Good to know, that I lost warranty on 220$ psu cause of sticker. Yeey, my future psu will be another corsair for sure.

Not sure why you have a paper tape over the main sticker, but standard warranty policy, once you have removed any of the sticker or any label from the unit that will automatically void your warranty. My advice is, in an event an RMA is needed, contact our Customer service and explain what the situation before proceeding with the RMA.
In other words, customer service MAY, at their discretion, approve an RMA.

• Corsair Employees

Yes indeed; Personally I understand your situation but we are a large company and I do not personally process RMA's so it is not may call to make. Theoretically in your situation with no intervention from our Customer Service your PSU could be denied on a warranty claim because of the missing label. As it would with any Manufacturer. However if you have a problem then please file for the RMA and I would contact our customer service and explain the situation to them as they would be the right place to start with on this type of an issue.

In this environment I can only quote our policies and procedures I cannot dictate policy or makes changes to said policy.

If you do have a problem I am sure if you contact our customer service and explain the issue they will do their best to work this out.:D:

Email "RMA Approved" comes. I have to say sorry for my bad mood: (Good to know, that I lost warranty on 220$ psu ca........). I don't think, that I will ever RMA. Works perfect, just without sticker now.

But in case of some "higher power", can I still use this RMA number (4769980)? Or I will have to make rma request again?

Archived