Corsair Community

Asus P4C800-E Deluxe, no overclock.

Transputer

I have two sticks of the TwinX1024-3200XL in this dual channel MB, giving 1GB. Has anyone managed to get four working together at 2-2-2-5 (standard 200Mhz) ??. I'm considering another 1GB without having to back off the stated timings, purchase on hold. Many Thanks Transputer....

I am working on trying to get 2 more sticks so I can verify this setup but, I don't have the moeny up yet. I have run 4 X 512mb sticks of PC4000 at 250mhz fsb and DDR500. It was stable and fast but did not seem to do anything (DVD encoding, .mpg etc, video editing, Photoshop, etc.) any faster than a pair of 512mb sticks. If you do try this, I would definitely suggest some active NB cooling. If I get my sticks, I will post my results at this forum and [URL=www.asusforums.org]HERE @ ASUSFORUMS. [/URL] Good luck, Mike.

hi i have a P4c800 Deluxe, a P4 3Ghz and twinX4400 how the hell am i supposed to get them running @ 550mhz when my multiplier is locked at 15? i mean if i would set my FSB to 275 i would have a 4.125Ghz lol... i was able to OC up to 3.6Ghz but that was it and it was pretty much unstable (how suprising...) .... any solution? thx Cobra

[quote name='specmike']I am working on trying to get 2 more sticks so I can verify this setup but, I don't have the moeny up yet. I have run 4 X 512mb sticks of PC4000 at 250mhz fsb and DDR500. It was stable and fast but did not seem to do anything (DVD encoding, .mpg etc, video editing, Photoshop, etc.) any faster than a pair of 512mb sticks. If you do try this, I would definitely suggest some active NB cooling. If I get my sticks, I will post my results at this forum and [URL=www.asusforums.org]HERE @ ASUSFORUMS. [/URL] Good luck, Mike.[/QUOTE] ------------------ Yes...heat....the two in there now get quite warm (just bearable to hold). Another two would seriously close up the air gaps and may require some direct air. There must be someone out there who has tried this.....especially with Doom3 demanding the max. Transputer....

On the cooling I also meant some active cooling on the northbridge. All in all, you might be better off with a TwinX 2048mb kit of PC3200. The slightly slower latencies are not all that big of a deal and 2 sticks vs 4 makes more sense anyways. But, I am still looking to try the PC3200XL myself. Mike.

• Corsair Employee
Transputer As Mike has stated, you are welcome to try it! However, it has been hit and miss running with four modules! At worst you might have to relax the timings to Cass 2.5-3-3-7 to make the system stable! But I have tested with 4 modules in our lab with P4C800-E with out problems at Cass 2-3-2-6 at DDR400! Xxxomxxx With the CPU you have, I am sorry but I doubt you would be able to reach that high of an OC! We use 2.4C CPU to validate them and we have to sort a few of the 2.4C’s to find enough to run consistently to run at 275 MHz!

• Corsair Employee
All I can officially tell you would be Cass 3-4-4-8 as that what we test! However, you are welcome to experiment with the timings; just I would start with default settings on your CPU and use [url]www.memtest.org[/url] to test the settings so you don’t corrupt the HDD! And start with Cass 3-3-3-8 at DDR400 and work your way up from there one setting at a time, probably something like Cass 2.5-4-3-7 will be what you can get!

Archived