Corsair Community

Dominator Platinum Questions

ctm audi

Are the 2x4GB sets single or double sided DIMMs?

Also, are there any plans for 2400Mhz or higher 2x4GB kits?

What color LED options will be available, and what is the standard color on the sets when you get them?

Hoping for white LEDs :biggrin:

• Corsair Employees

I am sorry but they have not been released yet and we will not have that information on what colors will be available till the Light bars are available.

The add states September is the expected date for the Light bars.

As far as IC density they will likely be single rank for a 8.0 Gig module, but if IC's become available that are a lower density that will perform at those speeds we may produce both.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello.

Please would anyone (preferably a Corsair representative) be able to tell me whether the new series of Corsair Dominator Platinum memory is compatible with my motherboard and/or processor?

Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair V Formula

Processor: AMD FX 8-Core Black Edition FX-8150

Please note; I have attempted to find out whether my motherboard is compatible using the Memory/PSU Finder (displayed on the right-hand side) to no avail. Subsequently; the only evidence that I have found regarding this type of memory and AMD platforms can be found here; Corsair Launches Dominator Platinum DDR3 Memory. I would appreciate it if someone could elaborate on which AMD platforms the memory is supported.

Thank you.

I got (almost) the same question as Arcad has:

Mainboard: GA-990FXA-UD7

CPU: AMD FX 6200

RAM: Corsair XMS3 Dominator Platinum CMD16GX3M4A1866C9

BTW the Dominator GT i got right now work perfectly with the DFI 790FXB (and you won't find those with the 'memory finder' for my mainboard).

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again.

I have since found another post on the Corsair forums regarding the compatibility of the Corsair Dominator Platinum memory with AMD (AM3+ CPU) platforms to which it would appear that they are indeed compatible.

(Reference: Corsair Forum Post)

I hope this information also helps you TBrandes with your motherboard and processor.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived