Corsair Community

Vengeance 2000 - no sound

Lunmor

Ok today i got my headset. After unboxing it i went through reading starter guide, plugged headset to charge up, downloaded and installed v1.7 drivers and let it be for like 4 hours. After that time i came back with idea to test it. Looked at charger port and saw it been solid green. Unplugged it turned on the headset it seems to be paired with the dongle as indicator light is solid blue but when i fired up any sound application there was no sound. When unplugged charge up port has no light. Read up on forum other users having same problem so i plugged in the charge up cable and the port is now lit up in solid amber. Tried to reset pairing between headset and dongle it seems it's paired again but still no sound ? Any advice ?

Update:

Tested what jmacguire suggested - no luck. Then I uninstalled V2k drivers and rebooted. Went to control panel - sound found Vengeance 2000 been recognized by Win 7. Set them to default and wow it is running. BUT when i reboot again with Vengeance 2000 been default speakers Windows freezes on Starting Windows screen. Manual reboot again is rolling last working setting with default speakers. So now problem seems to be Windows refuses to boot up if Vengeance 2000 are set as default device and it refuses to recognize Corsair drivers.

Archived