Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance 2000 sound waaay to laud

here2peer

Are you using the volume control on the left ear?

Doesn't matter witch i use it always stays laud, whenever i use the volume control the windows volume goes down too. I think that might be the problem

EDIT: even on 0% there is still sound!

• Corsair Employees

Test on another computer.

Just to confirm you are saying if you play music and turn the headset all the way down, the sound is still really loud?

Are you using the Corsair software?

Test on another computer.

Just to confirm you are saying if you play music and turn the headset all the way down, the sound is still really loud?

Are you using the Corsair software?

Ill try it on a diffrent computer. I do use the Corsair software.

I have the same thing, but it isn't really a problem. With most applications set to 50% of their volume controls, and Windows/Corsair volume set to 10% I feel like things are at a reasonable level. I can't imagine having the volume up much higher.

I have the same thing, but it isn't really a problem. With most applications set to 50% of their volume controls, and Windows/Corsair volume set to 10% I feel like things are at a reasonable level. I can't imagine having the volume up much higher.

problem is i can't even change the driver volume because when i do that it sets the windows volume up/down. and I already send it to RMA. Jees never had such a problem before, thinking of returning it to the store :S

• Corsair Employees
Its strange that even the replacement is giving you the same symptoms. Have you tried disabling the onboard sound in your BIOS? Also, does this issue occur even without our software installed (using windows default drivers)?

Its strange that even the replacement is giving you the same symptoms. Have you tried disabling the onboard sound in your BIOS? Also, does this issue occur even without our software installed (using windows default drivers)?

Even without the software installed it gives the same volume lvl, ill try disabling the onboard sound system.

Thank you for ur time

Your not alone first, this also is not an issue I have found with only the 2000.

My previous headset was the Creative wireless wow headset and it had the same issue. My pc was freshly wiped 2 months ago running w7 x64 and all relevant drivers are installed.

The WoW headset had to be left on 14% volume in Windows but I find that anything above 8-10% with the vengance 2000 is too loud.

I think this is possibly a cause of Windows 7 audio changes but I am looking into a solution.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees
Does the volume still sound high without the Corsair drivers (using default drivers from Windows), and do you have this problem with any other amplified headset? If the problem persists even with the RMA replacement, it is definitely an issue somewhere else on the PC. Also, is this volume on high for everything (ie, games, video, windows alert, etc?)

Does the volume still sound high without the Corsair drivers (using default drivers from Windows), and do you have this problem with any other amplified headset? If the problem persists even with the RMA replacement, it is definitely an issue somewhere else on the PC. Also, is this volume on high for everything (ie, games, video, windows alert, etc?)

Windows itself is on 7% sound, all the games are scaled to the 7% in windows but ingame/invideos everthing is at 100% and its still high with the default drivers.

• Corsair Employees
I tested my headphones (two different sets on two different machines) and while they can get very loud at low volume, which I believe is typical for amplified headsets, I don't get the same symptoms as you do unfortunately, especially since you already had the set RMA'd. How many other machines did you test it on? Was it the same across all of them where the volume is just too high?

• 1 month later...

Same issue with my set too, I do NOT use the corsair drivers as to be frank they are pretty bad and would appear to be using just the windows driver to adjust the audio properties.

Windows 7 x64 Home Premium, could this be an x64 problem? I have tested the cans on another pc, also x64 with the same issues present.

• 1 month later...

I am having this exact same issue. However the windows sound is really quiet it just comes out of the headset way to loud. against volume needs to be under 10% Regardless of me turning down the volume using the mixer or the scroll on the headset. This is the main problem because the windows volume is actually turned right down when streaming xsplit picks up the windows volume at the low level as it does not take the audio from the headset but from windows itself. This has resulted in my stream volume being non existent apart from my mic. The only way i can have audio on my stream is to have the volume turned up in windows resulting in almost unbearable audio coming through the headset.

After forking out the huge almost £80 more then my last headset i am thoroughly disappointed with the product. Admittedly the audio quality is great the mic is great the the volume is unacceptable issue.

• Corsair Employees
I am having this exact same issue. However the windows sound is really quiet it just comes out of the headset way to loud. against volume needs to be under 10% Regardless of me turning down the volume using the mixer or the scroll on the headset. This is the main problem because the windows volume is actually turned right down when streaming xsplit picks up the windows volume at the low level as it does not take the audio from the headset but from windows itself. This has resulted in my stream volume being non existent apart from my mic. The only way i can have audio on my stream is to have the volume turned up in windows resulting in almost unbearable audio coming through the headset.

After forking out the huge almost £80 more then my last headset i am thoroughly disappointed with the product. Admittedly the audio quality is great the mic is great the the volume is unacceptable issue.

The headset volume control shares the same control as Windows (our headset uses the HID Service) so there is no way to separate the two unfortunately. What software are you using to stream? There should be an option to amplify the audio without it directly affecting what you hear on your end like what Ventrilo, Skype, etc.

• Corsair Employees
I did a quick search on Xsplit and it seems to be a prevalent issue with streaming audio and it being too loud or too soft in a few of the posts i saw (like this with a competitor's headset, for example: http://www1.xsplit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=15104) I would visit their forums to try some of the fixes I saw as some of these include codec changes or amplifying the signal when you stream to see if it makes a difference. Normally, the output of audio should be different than what you hear so if its sharing the same settings, the end user with an audio source that is not amplified may get drastically different results.

Archived