Corsair Community

memory showing as 333mhz instead of 400mhz

gmelhorn

Hello, I'm currently trying to sort out an issue with memory speed. Sorry, I'm not in front of my computer right now, so I don't have the exact model number. The memory is 2 X 512 3200 extreme low latency (came packaged together) and the board is the Intel D875PBZ W/ 2.40 P4 800mhz bus installed. For some reason, the memory shows up as 333mhz in the CMOS settings. I emailed Intel and they said that it probably has to do with memory timing. No idea what they mean. Any suggestions? I'm currently on BIOS version p05. Thanks for the help

• Corsair Employees
Well the latest bios is [URL=ftp://download.intel.com/design/motherbd/bz/BZ87510A.86A.0106.P27.EB.EXE]P27 Dated 30 July 2004[/URL] I would suggest that you update to this version! In addition the Intel version of the MB will not provide all of the options need to over clock your system! I would suggest you set the timings manually to Cass 2-3-3-6 and see if that does not help!

I guess I'll sound like an idiot now, but I don't know how to make a manual change. Can you provide any guidance? I'm very new at the "build your own system" thing. Just some added info, this is what Intel said: "Please make sure that the memory timings are not set lower than 2.5-3-3. Lower memory settings could cause instability." One other question if you have time. The reason I started looking into this is because I'm considering upgrading my memory to 2 gig. I do a great deal of video editing and thought it may improve my system performance. Yes / no?

• Corsair Employees
Please refer to your user manual for the section in the bios where you can change the timings! Usually under Advanced Chipset: System Performance: Auto SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 7T SDRAM Bank Interleave: 4 Bank Then test the system with www.memtest.org!

Archived