Corsair Community

Corsair HX series Gold Standard Refresh

tarpon31

Hey Guys,

I just stumbled accross this link --> http://www.corsair.com/en/blog/hx-gold/ explaining that the Corsair HX series had a refresh done to it that made sure all of them meet the Gold standard rating and after reading through the article it made it look like even the older HX series may have made it to the Gold standard.

I bought my HX650 about a year ago is it possible this unit may hit the Gold series standard?

Thankyou very much for your time.

• Corsair Employees
Random units may work at that level; that is possible but I am sorry we would not be able to make that guarantee only what the specification is rated at for the specific unit you have.

Hey Guys,

I just stumbled accross this link --> http://www.corsair.com/en/blog/hx-gold/ explaining that the Corsair HX series had a refresh done to it that made sure all of them meet the Gold standard rating and after reading through the article it made it look like even the older HX series may have made it to the Gold standard.

I bought my HX650 about a year ago is it possible this unit may hit the Gold series standard?

Thankyou very much for your time.

The first 2 paragraphs of the blog you posted:

Back in 2009 when we originally released our HX Series power supplies, we listed in their specifications that they met and exceeded the standards for 80 PLUS® Silver certification. Many reviewers and PSU aficionados quickly discovered that every unit tested and reviewed in this series actually met the standards for 80 PLUS Gold certification.

We knew this of course but we also knew that we could not guarantee that every HX Series PSU that hit the shelves would always meet the 80 PLUS Gold standard to our satisfaction. So, we intentionally chose to apply a conservative rating and list our HX series PSUs as 80 PLUS Silver units.

Thanks alot for the reply's.

Regardless of wether my unit reaches gold standard or not my hx650 has done nothing but impress me since I have owned it.

It has been stable and quiet even when run hard I always felt it performed at a higher level compared to similiar advertised unit's by other companies.

Archived