Corsair Community

400R Carbide front LED

Sedith

Hi,

I have just set up two systems with the exactly same specs and in the same cases. While in one of them the HDD LED works as intended (blinking while HDD is working etc.), in mine the LED is on all the time, turning off only when I turn the computer off. I have double-checked all the system panel connectors, everything seems fine, not to mention that it is identical in both computers.

I can't quite figure out whether something is wrong with the case itself or if I have just screwed something up in this one and can't find the problem now ;) Any advice? :>

You have probably tried these troubleshooting steps already but just in case, they might rule out some of the possibilities.

Disconnect the front panel leads from the Q-Connector (if you used it) and attach them directly to the mobo.

Are those two systems co-located? If so, you could swap out the front I/O panel from the two and test them in the other setup.

If the same problem is present in the other case, you'll know that it's time to start the RMA process.

Thanks for the answer, first of all :)

As for Q-connector, that's not it, because at first I have not even noticed it and connected everything without it - that is when I noticed one LED being on all the time. Only after that I have actually reconnected all wires with the Asus connectors just for the sake of it being easier to replug when needed :)

I have also just switched both panels and can now confirm that one of them has a broken LED, as it is on all the time while being in the other PC, too ;) If I can ask - how do I start RMA process, then? :)

Archived