Corsair Community

CMZ32GX3M4A1600C9 compatible with ASUS P8Z77 Deluxe?

Capt D

ASUS P8Z77 Deluxe board advertises max 32GB RAM but does not list any RAM providers with that configuration. Corsair configurator shows the highest density using CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 (ie only 16GB). Will the CMZ32GX3M4A1600C9 (32GB) kit work with the P8Z77 Deluxe motherboard? If it will work, why do you suppose it is not listed on either the ASUS site or the Corsair site?

If the highest RAM allowed on the MB is 16GB, does it matter if you use 4 DIMM cards of 4GB each or just 2 DIMM cards of 8GB each? Is the heating created by the two 8GB DIMM cards the same as 4 DIMM cards?

• 1 year later...
For Z77 or X79 I would suggest our Quad sets made for and tested on Intel X79 chipsets.

Hello!

As far as I see, the DIMM that was asked for is in the list that you suggest: CMZ32GX3M4A1600C9

I currently experience problems with CMZ32GX3M4X1866C10R on P8Z77-V LX, that are discussed in several topics in this forum. I am thinking of buying one of:

CMZ32GX3M4A1600C9

CMZ32GX3M4X1600C10

The problem, that I have, appeared only after a month of using CMZ32GX3M4X1866C10R on P8Z77-V LX combination. First there were no problems. BIOS was set to default.

Then suddenly computer stopped to post, RAM led was blinking. MemOK did not help. After changing places of DIMMS several times and updating BIOS I was able to boot, but BSOD, application crashes, checksum errors appeared immediately. Memtest showed errors. Then I checked several configurations with no success (X means problem, - means no problem, ? means did not test). When you see "-" it may also mean that I did not test for long.

Configuration / Problem Memtest DOS Memtest Win Copy checksum problem BSOD Chrome crash Comment

4DIMM Default - X X - X 20 days without errors, then thousands of errors for an hour

4DIMM XMP - X X - - Little errors

4DIMM XMP 10-11-10-30 1,65V X ? ? ? ? Tested for 5 minutes only in DOS

4DIMM XMP 10-11-10-27 1,65V X ? ? ? ? Tested for 5 minutes only in DOS

4DIMM Default 1,55V - X X - - Little errors

2DIMM Default X ? ? X ? 3 hours without errors, then thousands of errors for an hour

Other 2DIMM Default ? ? ? ? ? Testing...

See more detailed table here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Ahe6bKDbjcgedHpXQWtyei1LWmJSRjZhU0ZCMGlpdlE&single=true&gid=4&output=html

All tests were done with Legacy USB turned off in BIOS.

One important point is that sometimes I do not see any errors for hours (although I load computer with copying files) and then suddenly thousands of errors may occur. This happens in different configurations.

My question is which of models should be best one for 32GB on this mobo? Thank you in advance.

Any of them . There really is not much difference between the kits and all of them are guarenteed to be compatible with your system So it would be your choice.

Then suddenly computer stopped to post, RAM led was blinking. MemOK did not help. After changing places of DIMMS several times and updating BIOS I was able to boot, but BSOD, application crashes, checksum errors appeared immediately. Memtest showed errors. Then I checked several configurations with no success (X means problem, - means no problem, ? means did not test). When you see "-" it may also mean that I did not test for long.

Not so sure this is memory related. Could bery well be your board. But the only way to know for sure would be another kit.

Any of them . There really is not much difference between the kits and all of them are guarenteed to be compatible with your system So it would be your choice.

Thank you for your answer. Do you mean that my current kit CMZ32GX3M4X1866C10R should be one of these "guaranteed to be compatible with P8Z77-V" ?

Not so sure this is memory related. Could bery well be your board. But the only way to know for sure would be another kit.

Shall I start with replacing a kit or replacing a board?

Big problem is that errors showed up only in 2 months. Now I am not able to return kit or mobo for money or different kit.

Thank you for your answer. Do you mean that my current kit CMZ32GX3M4X1866C10R should be one of these "guaranteed to be compatible with P8Z77-V" ?

Yes, absolutely!

Shall I start with replacing a kit or replacing a board?

Big problem is that errors showed up only in 2 months. Now I am not able to return kit or mobo for money or different kit.

I would most certainly start with the memory. That would be the easiest to rule out.

Just use the link on the left to request an ram and have Corsair replace them for you.

Now I have only one configuration, that does not have errors (for 20 hours already): 2 DIMMS only. When I replace these DIMMS with other two DIMMS from the kit, I get errors:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Ahe6bKDbjcgedHpXQWtyei1LWmJSRjZhU0ZCMGlpdlE&single=true&gid=4&output=html

Yes, absolutely!

I would most certainly start with the memory. That would be the easiest to rule out.

Just use the link on the left to request an ram and have Corsair replace them for you.

Will I have to pay for delivery? I live in Russia. How much time can it take?

Archived