Corsair Community

Firmare Updater fails. Force GT 120 GB 1.3 -> 5.02

ljllucky62

I am having an issue with updating my Force GT 120GB from 1.3 to 5.02. The updater fails with the following "FATAL_ERROR: Firmware download failed with error: (ECode: 00000057)." (Screen Shot Attached)

I have read on the forums that this can be an issue with Windows 7 SP1, but my copy of windows comes with SP1 already installed so I cant uninstall it temporarily to update the firmware.

Side Note: I am trying to update the firmware because of the hang/freeze issue.

Untitled.png.d53162235da8dd7b628ea1c9a2b49cb6.png

Yes I have tried going to 1.3.3, same thing. It is in SATA port 0.

Edit: I need to sleep, thanks for the quick reply Wired, I will continue this tomorrow.

Edit 2: Problem solved and was able to update by using my motherboards other SATA controller (asmedia 106x).

ah ok ty, didnt see the tab for that. out of curiosity would the system still boot if switch to alternate controller if the SSD is the primary boot drive? could try a sata2 port later on the same controller first i guess.

ah ok ty, didnt see the tab for that. out of curiosity would the system still boot if switch to alternate controller if the SSD is the primary boot drive? could try a sata2 port later on the same controller first i guess.

And the other tips in the .pdf ::pirate::

I am having an issue with updating my Force GT 120GB from 1.3 to 5.02. The updater fails with the following "FATAL_ERROR: Firmware download failed with error: (ECode: 00000057)." (Screen Shot Attached)

I have read on the forums that this can be an issue with Windows 7 SP1, but my copy of windows comes with SP1 already installed so I cant uninstall it temporarily to update the firmware.

Side Note: I am trying to update the firmware because of the hang/freeze issue.

Same problem, i had to use my very old computer (intel core 2 with Intel DX38BT board with AHCI Sata) to update it successfully. It refused to update on a sabertooth 990fx with AHCI Sata... On the two systems i was using the SATA directly on the southbridge, not on a sata port on additional controller.

Try to update using another computer and be sure the sata mode is in AHCI mode. ;):

Folks, I had the same problem as you did , and fixed it by turning back to the default Microsoft AHCI Controler. This is done easily by going to System Properties -> Device Manager, then select the "AMD SATA Controller" driver under the ATA/SATA controller group , and right clicking on "AMD SATA Controller", selecting "Update Driver" there. You will be shown the option to automatically search for the driver, or "Search the driver in your computer", select the last option, then in the next page, select "Choose from a list of device drivers" ( sorry for the poor translation but I have the OS in Spanish :)), and you will be presented with the available options. One should be the "Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA" driver, that is Microsoft's.

Then you have to reboot, and you'll be all set to retry to update your drive's BIOS. I did upgrade from 1.3 to 5.02 , and the performance enhancement has been impressive (attached picture, before on the left, after on the right side of the graphic, using ATTO)! I've also didn't get any more "freezes/hangs" when login into windows as I did in the past...

Fingers crossed.

1579357241_firmwareupdate.gif.978dc45928aa71251adaac7c1c1e74a5.gif

Archived