Corsair Community

nicus

I have a new cx500 v2, and i'm not sure if it works as it should:

the case of PSU gets quite warm(feels so if I touch the PSU) even when low processing(CPU usage <15%).

Also when CPU usage increases(video conversion running) or when I play some game, the PSU fan does not seem to speed up ->checked visually, and also airflow seems constant.(SYSTIN reported by CPUID HW monitor = 58-60 Deg C, room temperature = 23DegC)

How can I check that everything is OK? If I get a thermometer(I hope I could find a multimeter having this function), what is the "normal" PSU case temperature if system is almost idle and SYSTIN is around 51 DegC?

Thank you,

nicus

• Corsair Employees

It is hard to say there are just too many possible combinations to give such a general answer. But if the room temp is at 23 Deg C and CPU Temp is at 51 C using a standard cooler your inside case temp is likely at about 40-50 Deg C which I would say all is normal and maybe adding some more case fans might help cool it down a bit.

One thing I use and found it to be in-expensive and fairly accurate is an out side thermometer like one of the digital thermometer you can get at most hard ware stores and then put the sensor in different locations inside your case to see if you have any hot spots and then play with the fan directions to get the best cooling.

Archived