Corsair Community

Memory not all showing up...

Hawk375

Okay, I've built a new system: Athlon 64 3500+ Abit AV8 Revision 1.1 (Bios 1.2) 4x512MB Corsair XMS 3200C2PT Sparkle Power 530W FSP530-60GNA ATI 9700Pro(X800 XT PE still waiting to be shipped) 2X74GB WD Raptors in Raid-0 Memorex 8X DVD/RW Here's the situation: The system shows all 4 rows being occupied...yet...the bios and the OS show only 1GB of ram... Running pretty lax timings as well...2T Cas3 3-3-7-10 I've reseated the ram...I've tested the ram 1 by 1...everything checked out fine...I've tried a single pair in each set of slots...everything checks out...it's just that they don't want to play together with all 4 occupied.

• Corsair Employee
Please make sure the modules are all exactly the same! In addition, I would suggest you get the latest bios as well 1.006 Beta 6 or newer and with this chipset if you use more than 2 modules you may need to run the memory at DDR333!

Okay...I was thinking it may be a problem with the ram being of different revisions...2 are rev 3.3 I think...the other 2 are revs 1.1 and 1.2 I think, which work fine together. I think the cause may lie in the difference between the 1.x and the newer ram...

• Corsair Employee
Yes that may be the issue! And this MB like many others today will not post or might not be stable if the modules are not exactly matched! In addition, this is one of the reasons we came out with Twinx sets of modules!

Archived