Corsair Community

H80 grinding noise.

muzzer2uk

I am just wondering what i should do? I have a H80 which was replaced from a previous faulty one by RMA, but the new one has the grinding noise.I read the sticky at the top about a fix in the works is there any eta on that? or should i just request a new RMA and send this one back?

Corsair's response will be to lay the cooler on it's side and hope it works out the bubbles. Don't, pull the cooler and replace as soon as possible!

I've exchanged 6 coolers at home, multiple times as well as 9 more have gone bad at the office. I would stay away from the H80 at all costs. I've had one completely seize, spraying the coolant over components!!!!! Essentially killing that system. If you are within your return window, swap that thing out where you bought it for something different.

I would wait to RMA it until they've confirmed that they have units in-house that have been manufactured under the new "tighter" screening process. They know what's causing the issue, now we just need a batch manufactured that have been screened for it. I'm hopeful that it won't be too much longer, but who knows how long it will take.

With that said, you could always RMA now and take your chances. A Corsair Rep has stated that their RMA rate on these coolers is in the low single digits, so your chances of getting one without the pump noise "should" be good. This assumes they have any in stock right now which they may not with everything that's been going on.

Wow, this is not good.

I just purchased a H80 and will be installing it this week.

I hope I don't have those problems.

this is a trouble having forum,rarely do cooler owners come here when things are ok,only when they are not.

im sure the problem free ratio far exceeds those like seen here

lots of bugs with the link here,but i still just placed a order for one.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived