Corsair Community

pc doesnt boot after i installed 2nd ram kit

dimitrisd

I bought two cmz16gx3m4x1600c9 kits after a reseller assured me they work fine with my board gigabyte x79 ud5.My pc works fine with one kit installed but when i install the second it doesnt boot at all.Each kit seems two work fine on its own and i tried them in any possible configuration.Any ideas;

That is what i found out after some search in google,but when i bought the ram a technician assured it is ok!

After some testing with the bios settings i booted a couple of times succesfully with all my ram but after restart the same problem again

I have know a stable setup 7/8 slots filled 28gb ram running triple channel 1600 9-9-9-24 according to cpuz.when i try to install the 8 dimm the pc starts,after 4-5 seconds power of for a second then starts again but nothing happens any ideas;

• Corsair Employees
I would try and load setup defaults with all of the memory installed but DO NOT mix the sets, if you do you can be 99% sure it will not work. IE install one matching set in slots A1, B1, C1, and D1, then the other matching set in the remaining slots. Then load setup defaults and enable XMP and set the memory frequency manually to DDR1333 and see if its stable with http://www.memtest.org

Archived