Corsair Community

Mixing Corsair Memory Modules - Compatible?

Gilb

I currently have the following installed in my system (MOBO - Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3):

Corsair - CMX8GX3M2A1600C - 8GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800) CL9 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit (Two 4GB Memory Modules).

I would like to add the following modules I have from another system to bring my total memory on my MOBO up to 16 GB:

Z8GX3M2A1600C9B - Vengeance Series 8GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800) CL9 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit (Two 4GB Memory Modules)

I believe both sets of memory are compatible with with my motherboard. However, can I install them all together? I know one set operates at 1.5V and the other at 1.65V....don't know if that makes any difference at all.

Can anyone confirm compatibility before I install?

Thanks

You can try what you like, but it is never recommended to mix memory and there is no way to tell if any two kits will work with each other.. Even two kits of the same exact part number is not suggested or supported.

Your best bet is to replace what you have with a matched 16 gig kit that is on the compatibility list.

Those are two totally different memories and the chances of them working together are slim to none.

Archived