Corsair Community

H100 poor cooling

imperatrixx

it might be ... Mine seems to keep my 3930K under 60C on Full load

at what speed is the pomp running ???

Also take a close look if the block doesn't get pushed away from the socked by any of the parts on your Mainboard

so a 58° delta is great. have you reduced the vcore voltage? did the temperatures decrease as well? if so, you can re-weak your overclock to reflect the needed speed.

have you reclocked the RAM and RAM voltage? this also can lead to temps issues.

airdeano

Sometimes people think 1.3GHz over stock is normal.

That is extreme OC for desktop. Everything above 4.5GHz.

4.5GHz is big OC too. Over 1GHz for 2600k.

I can beg with best air cooler your temps will be 2-3C more or less.

I think more. You can try with best fans like Gentle Typhoons AP-15 push-pull or NoiseBlocker Multiframe fastest model and try one more time easy to install H100.

With little thermal paste on the middle no need to put like butter, put block and after one-two days everything will be OK. Sometimes is CPU problem one sample hit more other less. For me everything over 4.5 fo SB is +. And because of that I am angry when people expected 5.0GHz from Ivy. Yes Ivy OC worse but 5.0GHz SB stable is rear, and 4.9GHz absolutly stable is rear.

CPU cooler work on not work. If pump work on normal speed, base is installed properly that's it, than something else is problem.

4.7GHz is for some samples last stable point we more voltage.

CORSAIR H100 is for now best CPU cooler on the world from one part from box.

Tower coolers fans-owners can talk what they want now we have most beautiful, and best cooler, for CPU and for other parts in computer.

Not to steal the thread but my stock temps are far higher than that. Room is around 22c at all times while my idle temp rests between 39-41. Load easily exceeds 65c.

For a short while I almost hit ambient temps and was quite excited, after a bios reset I'm now back to running hot all the time. Even with voltage dropping as low as 1.1-1.0 I'm not seeing temperatures ever reach anything lower than 38.

Cooler has been reseated probably 10 times

Currently using stock h100 fans at full speed

lowered pump speed 50 rpm with fan controller to get rid of grinding noise that corsair somehow could not get a good replacement on

standard 500r installation, top of case in push setup

Specs:

500r Case

2700k - Stock on auto voltage, 1.1ish

H100, stock fans, fans and pump ran from controller at full speed-50rpm

Asus Maximus Extreme Z

16 GB Corsair 1600

570 1.5gb x 2

FGT3 120gbx2 w/250GB HDD backup

1TB HDD

AX1200 PSU

Ambient is around 22ish full time.

Idle shouldn't be 15-20c over ambient right?

• Corsair Employees

Since you got 570 on SLI, you might want to reverse the H100 fans as an exhaust on top. Make the rear as an exhaust as well. Side 200mm as an intake and keep the 2 120mm fan as an intake as well.

You can case temp might be a little higher than 22C.

Since you got 570 on SLI, you might want to reverse the H100 fans as an exhaust on top. Make the rear as an exhaust as well. Side 200mm as an intake and keep the 2 120mm fan as an intake as well.

You can case temp might be a little higher than 22C.

I already have them arranged as exhaust. The front two, and side are intake. The front and rear are ran full time at 1600rpm. I know the cards can get pretty warm, I replaced the side fan with two 120mm scyth ultra kaze and generally run them when I do anything graphics intensive. Though the vast majority of the time they go unused.

side - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185054

Archived