Corsair Community

P4P800 deluxe and xms1024 3200ll v1.1

haZe1626861418

I bought a P4P800 deluxe motherboard september last year, and also bought twinx1024 3200ll corsair ram. My system ran fine up until about 3 months ago when i started getting random reboots and other errors. I tested my memory with memtest86 and it appeared that both modules were fried, they were also tested on two other systems and failed on both of those. I rma'd the ram and recieved 2 replacement sticks, which failed within the first hour of using them, I again had these modules tested on different machines and they failed miserably. In the meantime I used a generic 512 stick of ram borrowed of a friend and this worked fine. I then recieved my new replacement sticks of corsair and what do ya know, they failed again within 2 hours of inserting them into my board. My bios settings were on spd and I tried even more relaxed settings yet they still failed. By this stage I was beggining to think that maybe it was my motherboard was faulty, (i had worked out that my PSU was ok), We decided to try them in my friends setup an amd A7N8X rig and they worked fine, my friend then kindly let me use both his generic sticks of 512mb 3200 ram and they have worked fine after 12 hours of memtest!!!! It seems that my board is allergic to the corsair 3200ll (especially when used in dual channel mode). Now I dont know what to do as it is a long and expensive process sending ram back to corsair as I live in New Zealand. My friend may be happy but im not sure wether I am at having ram thats half the value in my machine working instead of the corsair I orignally bought!@ sorry for the rant, just trying to work out what I should do.. heres some more info of the processes i've been through [url]http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77724&page=1&pp=15[/url] Asus P4P800 deluxe P4 2.8c 2 x 512 3200 generic ram (used to be corsair) Enermax 430w PSU CoolerMaster 201sx Case

• Corsair Employee
Please try the settings after you load setup defaults: AI Over clocking: Manual CPU Clock: 200 DRAM Clock: 400 Dim Voltage: 2.75 Volts System Performance: Auto SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T SDRAM Bank Interleave: 4 Bank Then under USB Devices disable legacy USB and test the system with www.memtest.org!

Archived