Corsair Community

Don't buy corsiar memory, if you have an intel board

Error 404

Just a warning for everyone. I got a couple of sticks of CMS512-3200C2 for my intel board, and they don't work in slot 0, only slot 1, with an error about the spd, even though Kingston value ram works like a champ in slot 0. Ram Guy's reply was not to use that memory in intel boards.

• Corsair Employee
First off that is not exactly what I said! Second you are trying to mix 2 different revisions and that will not work on most MB's and if you had to modules of another maker that were different revisions they would have the same issue as well! [URL=http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28999]See your post here![/URL] To solve the problem, I would suggest you RMA both modules and we will be happy to replace them! Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! Not to mention we do not allow double posting!

I am not double posting. I am simply warning others that your memory doesn't work "well" in intel boards. For those to lazy to click on the link: "If you have an Intel motherboard then most likely our XMS3200C2 modules will not work as well, since the recommended voltage settings for it is 2.7/2.75 volts. Intel BIOS is locked and can not make any changes on the DDR voltage settings. So I would suggest for you to try the modules in a different motherboard that lean or focus more in the enthusiast or over clocker market." Mind you no RMA or useful info was offered at this point. My problem isn't with the mixing its with the memory not working in slot 0, which on Intel boards, at least mine, requires a valid SPD in slot 0. The RMA offer is all good and well, but if i send both back and get two new v4.2 or lower, it still won't work, which will have been nothing but a big waste of time. Please actually read my posts.

Archived