Corsair Community

how should i set the memory in bios

tcardassi

I have just bought 1gb of this ram (two 512mb modules) and attached to the Asus p4c800-e deluxe (3.4ghz P4 - no overclocking). I've also noticed a setting for 'burst length' appears when you uncheck the SPD option. What's the answer Ram Guy ?? :[pouts: I've guessed... CAS# latency - 2T Ras# Precharge - 2T Ras# to Cas# delay - 2T Precharge delay - 5T Burst Length - ???? Is this correct otherwise ? I also noticed using the SPD seems to force cas 2.5, yet this 2-2-2-5 ram is sold as having an spd cas setting of 2 ?! (saw this on one of Ram Guys stickies). What's the score here then ? tcardassi......I saw a note somewhere from Ram Guy saying that if you have 4 modules you will have to reduce your settings as the MB probably wont support 4 at the max settings !. Unless you have two 1gb modules ??. Transputer...

• Corsair Employee
Transputer Officially the answer would be any setting not listed for the module you have should be set to Bios default! Un-officially Burst length setting of 8 is fastest and 2 or 4 slower! I would suggest you set any settings not listed to bios default and if you do make changes you should test the system with [url]www.memtest.org[/url] to verify the settings you change are working and add some improvement! tcardassi, Please follow the link in my signature for the exact timings! However, we only guarantee one set the rated timings! If you do have 4 modules I would suggest you set the timings to a more relaxed setting like Cass 2.5-3-3-7 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts! For both of you, if you want more information about a bios setting I would do a search at [url]www.rojakpot.com[/url] or [url]www.google.com[/url] for the specific setting and you will more details and a description of the setting!

Archived