Corsair Community

M60 not working

SCastro14

I just received my new M60 mouse today, and when I plugged it into my computer (in a USB 3.0 port), it recognized it, but the mouse itself is not doing anything- none of the buttons work, nor is the cursor moving. The blue lights turn on, and it's showing in my list of devices, but I can't use it at all. Is this just a damaged mouse? I've since tried it on 3 different systems- one with Win7x64, one with Ubuntu, and one with WinXPx32... same thing happens on each one.

I've tried re-installing the driver, and it still isn't working. It won't even load the standard Windows drivers; I have to use another mouse to do everything.

Also, let me elaborate; it hasn't worked out of the box. The only thing it has ever done has lit up. It's a shame, really; I love the way this mouse feels, and I've read many good things about it. I bought it to replace my R.A.T., which recently stopped working as well.

• Corsair Employees

Go into your windows 7 processes and kill everything M60 related do the following steps:

Control Panel > Power Options > Change Plan Settings > Change Advanced Power Settings > USB Settings > USB selective suspend setting > Disabled

Then run the firmware update again.

Let me know of your results:.

Hey Ramguy,

How about sticking a troubleshooting thread on common problems or problems faced by people that have been solved? At least until the next software update.

This way it's easier for others to figure out their problem, which, if it doesn't get solved, they can post a new thread. I got introduced here because I googled a problem other people had, and found a thread on it.

This depends on things like how many software issues there are though. Oh well, just a suggestion.

Thanks, RAM GUY. Before you posted, I saw on the forum that someone else had the same problem. I've already tried it, and it didn't work. I've already applied for a replacement from Amazon.com, where I bought it from. Hopefully the second one will work! Thanks for the help.

Archived