Corsair Community

HX1050W Faulty?

darylrese

Hey Guys,

My first post on here! Hello to you all!

My build mainly consists of Corsair hardware and i just picked up a Corsair HX1050 for a very good price but im having a few problems. Since installing the PSU my system appears to be unstable. It was ok for 2 days then it started making a click sound when its turned on and off. Now a couple of times a day at random times, my screen goes black, no signal input to monitor and my system restarts but doesnt display a signal again until you turn it off by the button and do a hard reset.

Could my PSU be faulty? I was playing Max Payne 3 for hours tonight no issues then i was browsing on the internet and bang the screen goes blank.

Sometimes it reboots and you can hear the startup music but no signal, othertimes the GPU fans just blast at 100% and system seems to crash and has to be reset by the button.

Suggestions welcome! I do have a new GPU but thats been in 2 weeks now and worked fine before my PSU Upgrade. I havent made any other changes.

Im using the 2 hardwired 6pin PCI-E connectors rather than modular cables...that shouldnt make a difference though?? :confused:

Check your voltages in the BIOS to see what they are. If they are pretty far off i would verify them with a multi-meter if you have that option. The BIOS can be inaccurate sometimes.

You could also try re-seating all your cable connections to be sure they are all plugged in correctly.

Im using the 2 hardwired 6pin PCI-E connectors rather than modular cables...that shouldnt make a difference though??

What do you mean hard wired?

well on the PSU theres 2 x 6pin PCI-E connectors coming from the bulk which ive used instead of a pair of modular cables.

Anyway, i refitted my old PSU and same thing happened so it must be my GPU or something else on my system causing it :(

My PSU does make a funny noise when turned on / off though like a click / ping a bit like flicking a light switch.

well on the PSU theres 2 x 6pin PCI-E connectors coming from the bulk which ive used instead of a pair of modular cables.

Anyway, i refitted my old PSU and same thing happened so it must be my GPU or something else on my system causing it :(

My PSU does make a funny noise when turned on / off though like a click / ping a bit like flicking a light switch.

the single click when turning on and off is normal , just a relay click .

Archived