Corsair Community

H50 compatability with LGA2011

Dark12

Hey all.

I am swapping my socket 1366 i7-970 with a socket 2011 i7-3930k.

I would like to continue using my h50 because it really has been outstanding for me. I have been having trouble finding a definitive answer regarding its compatibilty with intel's latest socket.

I know it isnt officially supported but i thought 1366 heatsinks were fully compatible with 2011.

Does anyone here have any experience with this? I will be using an asus p9x79 deluxe. My processor will be arriving soon so i want to be ready.

Any advice is appreciated :-D

Hey thanks for the response!

I thought that was a replacement kit for the one that came with the kit because it looks the same as the one i have.

I will order this then. Though it makes me hope this kit will be sufficient for the 3930k.

It is a replacement. If you have that bracket then it should work.

Actually, this is odd:

Hydro Series H50 and H70 Mounting Bracket Kit for Intel/AMD (CWCH50-BRKTKIT)

-Compatible with motherboards for: Intel Sockets 775, 1366 and 775; AMD Socket AM2 and AM3

Hydro Series Retention Bracket Kit for Hydro Series H40, H50 and H70 REV 2

-Compatible with motherboards for: Intel Sockets 1155,1156, 1366 and 2011; AMD Socket AM2 and AM3

Look the same to me, but they don't show close ups of the holes. Not sure if they are the same thing but with two different SKUs, or if they are very similar and it has an additional mounting bracket or backplate for LGA 2011.

Yea but the thing is lga2011 has a built in backplate that isnt removable.

Btw i appreciate the help with this issue.

I would be very sad if i put my new build together just to find my cooler didnt fit.

It is a replacement. If you have that bracket then it should work.

Actually, this is odd:

Hydro Series H50 and H70 Mounting Bracket Kit for Intel/AMD (CWCH50-BRKTKIT)

-Compatible with motherboards for: Intel Sockets 775, 1366 and 775; AMD Socket AM2 and AM3

Hydro Series Retention Bracket Kit for Hydro Series H40, H50 and H70 REV 2

-Compatible with motherboards for: Intel Sockets 1155,1156, 1366 and 2011; AMD Socket AM2 and AM3

Look the same to me, but they don't show close ups of the holes. Not sure if they are the same thing but with two different SKUs, or if they are very similar and it has an additional mounting bracket or backplate for LGA 2011.

the difference is the first was released without 1156/1155, the customer was to mail in for it hence the REV 2.

airdeano

the difference is the first was released without 1156/1155, the customer was to mail in for it hence the REV 2.

airdeano

Thanks, so will Corsair mail me a 2011 bracket in a similar fashion? Or do I not even need one?

• Corsair Employees
You will need the new bracket to get your H50 installed on a 2011. Use the link on the left and submit an RMA, describe that you need the newer H50 bracket. That should take care of it.

• 3 years later...

Archived