Corsair Community

H100 & H60 RMA Procedure?

Ken429

I have a new H100 and an H60 that have the dreaded grinding noise. I have talked to Customer Service and they have issued me a return UPS label - for some reason the CSR insisted I return both units in one package. That's ok if I can get a cross shipment so I don't have to go without two computers for a week or so.

However, I see no reason to start the process until Corsair is sure that I won't receive two new coolers that also have the defect. RamGuy and YellowBeard have gone silent or at least are not responding to my posts on the Cooler Forum. Tech Service and Customer Service seem to be somewhat unaware of the scope of the grinding issue and want to just send out a "New One". Obviously, I do not want to go through the hassle of replacing the coolers and end up with the same problem. Could someone please tell me what Corsair's gameplan is going to be to replace the coolers with the grinding pump problem? How long do I wait before the new/fixed units are in the system and an RMA makes sense?

RamGuy,

I'm real slow, do I RMA now or wait until the "Voltage/Bearing or Whatever" is fixed. The system I'm having the Pump chatter on says the Voltage on the 12V side is 12.186V according to Gigabyte's ET6 monitor program. I tried the IN4001 Diode trick on the H60 and it slowed the pump down from ~4325rpm to ~3900rpm but the pump chatter did not change or maybe even got a little louder. If I put a fan speed reducer on the pump it gets quiet but the pump is only running at ~1500rpm - not good! So one more time - RMA the coolers now and ask to cross ship or wait until the issue is fully resolved and ignore the pump chatter for a few more weeks?

Just a passing comment, I connected the H60 to a ******** ZM-MFC1 fan controller and let it run full out and the pump chatter is gone. The rpm on the pump as reported by speedfan is 3590rpm. WTF is going on?

I looked up the Specs on the ZxxMxx ZM-MFC1 fan controller and it puts out a maximum of 7V on the 4 variable fan connectors. That explains the drastic drop in pump speed. I ran Prime95 for 30 minutes and the max core temps increased by 1C or 2C on each of the cores at the lower pump speed. That ain't bad but that was at stock settings so it probably is not good when trying to OC.

Still awaiting an answer from someone @ Corsair on when I should RMA the two chattering coolers. One more piece of information the H60 that I purchased in May of 2011 is running @~4300rpm on an ASUS P8Z68-V Pro MB with a 2600K @4.5GHz and is absolutely quiet.

• Corsair Employees
I would suggest waiting to do the RMA as the announcement suggested, we have identified the issue and will have a solution soon. And I would not suggest running the Pump Voltage lower than 11.4 Volts for the Pump.

Archived