Corsair Community

Asus P4R800-V Deluxe & VS512MB400 Compatability

Shinji1225

Hello all! I have a question. I put together a system for a client of mine using an Asus P4R800-V Deluxe motherboard and one VS512MB400 memory module (Corsair Value Select 512MB). The system has been running, except for the fact that whenever anything 3D is run (game, benchmark, etc) the system performs a blue screen physical memory dump and half of the screen is unreadable (garbled). This motherboard has onboard ATi 9100IGP graphics. I contacted Asus and explained the issue and what I had troubleshot so far and they want to address the memory compatability. Firstly would this memory be compatible with this particular Asus board; I feel that it should be as both of these parts come from two great manufacturers. The second question is just to verify the timing for the VS512MB400 memory modules. I've heard 2.5-3-3-8 would be the correct timing and I just wanted to verify this as they also mentioned the timing to be a concern as well. I know for a fact that particular timing is not being used so if so I will set it to that of course and give it another shot. Any additional info would be appreciated. Thanks! * PS - I just wanted to say that Corsair is awesome. I own a few XMS modules in my main machine and completely love them. :D:

• Corsair Employee
These modules should not be a problem, but I would make sure you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and test with www.memtest.org! If you get errors, please test them one up to make sure it's not some other problem!

[quote name='RAM GUY']These modules should not be a problem, but I would make sure you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and test with www.memtest.org! If you get errors, please test them one up to make sure it's not some other problem![/QUOTE] Great, thanks for the advice! I'm going to run it at 2.5-3-3-8 and 2.7 volts and see what happens. I had already flashed the board previously in troubleshooting so I'll give it a shot with these settings. ;):

Archived