Corsair Community

Vengeance 2000 - charge light solid amber

Guf

This just happened to me this morning. I'm using the 2100's. I'll try the fixes that were posted here that will hopefully fix it before i have to wait the many hours for them to die, as they are my only headset. I know, foolish to think that I wouldn't need a back up headset after getting these pricey 2100's.

To Corsair, I highly recommend a reset ability for future versions of this product

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mine have the same issue as many of these, then I tried letting it discharge, but to my dismay it made a buzzing noise which was quite unsettling, and then died. I can put the charger cable in it, but it will only show as charging for a few seconds (glowing a static amber) then blinking as if it was running out of battery again.

To fix the amber/blue solid lights issue you need to open up the headphones with a small philips screwdriver.

open the right cup.

Inside you will see a pcb with a connector, pull the connector out,

the lights are now off.

plug the connector in and use normally

problem fixed

corsair why could you not post this here.

Seriously. why? Obviously Asus is not the only with crappy support!

To fix the amber/blue solid lights issue you need to open up the headphones with a small philips screwdriver.

open the right cup.

the lights are now off.

problem fixed

so you had to tear the ear cup up to get to the screws? because that is the only way I see to get to the screws (under the fabric cover on the inside of the cup) and pull off the ear pad.

• Administrators

open the right cup.

the lights are now off.

problem fixed

We can't support an action that voids the warranty, sorry. Also, I've never heard of someone doing that before.

I can't believe it. I just bought those headset last week (2100) at the US and the second day of using I`m having this problem.

I'm so mad right now, do you guys now how hard it is to RMA from here?

I can't wait for the battery to drain every time this occurs, it doesn't make any sense!

I've paid a lot money for those and I really want a solution, a real solution.

:mad:

I can't believe it. I just bought those headset last week (2100) at the US and the second day of using I`m having this problem.

I'm so mad right now, do you guys now how hard it is to RMA from here?

I can't wait for the battery to drain every time this occurs, it doesn't make any sense!

I've paid a lot money for those and I really want a solution, a real solution.

:mad:

First I would like to thanks the user jasonelmore.

I just did what he said and I'm happy again: "i got it to turn off by plugging the usb in half way. all other methods did not work. i'm guessing it's shorting out and resetting."

Happy that it works again without having to let it drain, not happy with you Corsair. How could you repeat the same mistake of v2000?!

We can't support an action that voids the warranty, sorry. Also, I've never heard of someone doing that before.

It doesn't void the warrenty (no sticker to break) so a warranty break can't be proven

I've had to do it twice in a matter of days. worked perfect both times and it's prolly healthier than shorting out the electronics

Today my corsair vengeance 2000 headset stopped working. After I left it to charge over night, and when i tried to turn on my headset would not turn on..

I noticed that the charge light was solid amber, and even though I unplugged the charge cable, it still was solid amber, and when the wireless adapter was plugged in, the blue light was solid, and when unplugged, there was no light.

I then tried to decharge it.. The lights then suddenly went out, and I think it is decharged..

I then tried to turn on the headset, but I couldnt. I then plugged the charge cable in, and the charge light then started blinking.. but still, I cannot turn on the headset, and there is no light in the blue light..

any solutions? please help me.. I only used the headset for like 4 months

So, not sure if there is a fix for this, my vengeance 2000 won't turn on. When the micro usb is in the headset, i just get a solid amber light. The blue light on the left will not turn on at all. Has anyone else experienced this exact phenomenon? It seems like everyone else has the solid blues and amber, but none have just had solid amber and no blue. Wondering if I can get any advice on a fix for this. The last thing I want is another RMA (this is my third set). I love corsair products, I just want these fixed.

@Ezzi

Fully recharge the headset battery and see if the headset turns on. If it doesn't, request an RMA to replace the headset. Make sure you upload a picture of your invoice to the ticket as proof of purchase.

@c0ugrhuntr

Can you try a different charging cable? (MicroUSB)

@c0ugrhuntr

Can you try a different charging cable? (MicroUSB)

Yes, I have already tried charging with another cable. I am sorry I forgot to mention that. I'll give it another shot later this evening. It has been discharging for about 2 days now.

If that did not help and a different USB port did not as well. If your headset is under 2 years from purchase date, request an RMA to replace the headset and upload a picture of the invoice to the ticket as proof of purchase.

Yeah, they didn't charge at or react at all. I am not quite sure where my invoice is anymore, I had them replaced by corsair back in March or so 2013, I think I am still under warranty. I will reach out to them with an RMA.

Thanks

I have exactly this excpet that I can't turn the headset on or off. Both lights are solid and the blue light only stops if I unplug the wireless reciever. It happend when I was gonna charge it because I wanted to make sure I could use it for a longer period later. I did not hear the low battery beep before charging it. It's been over an hour now and the blue light is still on and the solid amber light is on too.

EDIT: Now the battery got drained and I'm charging them. The amber light is now blinking but I can't turn on the headset.

I have the exact same thing, its really worrying me that there broken and i'm not going to be able to use them again! :eek:

I have the same problem.

When i came home from work i tryed to turn my headset on ( It was in the charge cable)

when i turned it on its solid Blue ( where it normally blinks ) and Red ( Recharge cable)

Unplugget Recharge Cable and still staying solid red.

Its solid blue until i take the USB device out of my computer, then it turns off, when i put it back into the computer it goes into soild blue again.

Tryed to get on youre Service and Technical Support Center to talk to you, but dosent sent me a email..

Had the Headset for about 6 months, never had problems..

Trying to battery drain it now and see what happends.

Hope you can help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, yesterday i used my headphones and they worked, when i went to bed i had them pluged in with the charger thru the night, and today when i got up my headphones didnt want to work, when i started the headphones but my usb and the headphones (the blue light) were glowing, like the usb was glowing all the time like when it's on and reciving, but my headphones blue light was also still, and they didnt work, i tried to plug off the charger and tried to turn my headphones off but didn't work, only worked when i plugged out my USB, then i tried to reset the usb didnt work aswell, then i looked up at forums and such that if you drain your battery it would work, so i did after a while i grabbed them again and plugged in the charger, but now they wont start at all, and it won't charge its just a orange colour glowing each 2-3 second... help? i tried to reboot the usb again and tried to insert the charger again but the headphones wont work... ive seen alot of people have the same problem?...

any suggestions?

Now, somehow it worked :s when i plug something in my laptop such as a usb it makes a sound that let's you know when you plugged something in, now i just changed to another usb opener, and it worked, but before when i did it it made a sound when i put it in but moments after it made the sound that i removed the usb, makes no sense for me..maybe i had to recharge the phones abit more? im really confused but it worked...

Hello, I as well is having the same problems with my Corsair Vengeance 2000 headsets. This problem have been an issue for me for a while now, finally I noticed a pattern. You will only get this problem if you shut down your computer when having the charger plugged into your headset. So do not forget to disconnect your charger before turning your computer off.

HAVING THE HEADSET CHARGER CONNECTED TO THE COMPUTER WHEN ITS BEING SHUTDOWN CAUSES THIS PROBLEM. ONLY CONNECT THE CHARGER AFTER THE COMPUTER HAS BEEN TURNED ON.

• 1 month later...
Hello, I as well is having the same problems with my Corsair Vengeance 2000 headsets. This problem have been an issue for me for a while now, finally I noticed a pattern. You will only get this problem if you shut down your computer when having the charger plugged into your headset. So do not forget to disconnect your charger before turning your computer off.

HAVING THE HEADSET CHARGER CONNECTED TO THE COMPUTER WHEN ITS BEING SHUTDOWN CAUSES THIS PROBLEM. ONLY CONNECT THE CHARGER AFTER THE COMPUTER HAS BEEN TURNED ON.

Hello, I have a 2100 and have the exact same problem. And it did occur when I turned off the PC while still charging it. I'm going to try the discharge method, just one question: do I just leave it to slowly drain on it's own or can I just play some loud music at full volume (because the headset still works despite the LEDs being messed up) to drain it faster?

Update: After fully discharged (I did play some music on it at full blast, than left on its own for 8 hours while at work), the LEDs are back to normal operation and I can turn it off as well. Charging it now to full before using it again. I just hope the volume control is also back to normal (will find out when it's fully charged).

What you had going on does not sound normal. If it comes up again please send us a message and we can talk about next steps.
my headset just started doing the same thing as his is doings, constant amber and blue light isnt flashing just still, any ideas how to fix it faster?

my headset just started doing the same thing as his is doings, constant amber and blue light isnt flashing just still, any ideas how to fix it faster?

Well, there are several solutions posted, short it by wiggling the usb cable, or opening it up and disconnecting the battery, etc, but those seem a bit too invasive, the full battery drain might be slow but it works and there is no risk involved and if you avoid having the charger in while you are turning you PC on/off and dont try to turn the headset on/off while charging and PC is off you might never have to do it again.

Archived