Corsair Community

VS512MB400 and Gigabyte K8VT800 Pro problem

Diesel

Hi Ram Guy, i have the same Problem with the VS512MB400 (2 sticks) and the Gigabyte K8VT800 Pro. I tried your settings you recommend, but after 10 min Prime Test the system hang up. Your recommended settings: Dimm Voltage: +0,2 V (2,7 V) Use Dimm bank 1 and 3 SDRAM Bank cycle time (or tRAS): 8 SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3 SDRAM RAS-to-CAS Delay (tRCD): 3 SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5 (I dont find any Option called SDRAM Bank Interleave) (And i tried it with 200 Mhz) My system only works well with following settings: Dimm Voltage: +0,2 V (2,7 V) Dimm Bank: 1 and 2 or 1 and 3 Timings by default And only with 166 Mhz Is there any solution that the Ram works with 200 Mhz? The Gigabyte Support didn´t help much. It will be very sadly , if there is no solution, because I want optimal performance and not to lower the performance because of hardware-incompatibility. Best Regards Diesel

Hi, thank you for your reply. Hmm, the Ram Sticks seems not to be defective. If I set the Ram Frequency in the Bios to AUTO, the Bios set it to 166 Mhz. I tried the memtest31a for about 20 hours - no errors (with 166 Mhz). Have you any idea for the timings i can try with 200 Mhz? EDIT: Now I find out, that my sys run perfectly with 200 Mhz with only 1 Stick. I tried every stick. But these stickts dont work together with this settings. Greetz Diesel P.S. The Gigabyte Support said, that in the past it gave also problems with corsair. I think the Mobo is guilty. P.P.S. Sorry for my bad english ;)

• Corsair Employee
LOL! Well Giga-byte seems to be taking the easy way out and just blaming us! But I would suggest we test the module one at a time if you have more than one in another MB with [url]www.memtest.org[/url] and let’s be sure it's not a module problem!

Archived