Corsair Community

I need advice - Intel D865PERL + Corsair TWINX2048-3200 DDR-DIMM?

IntelPERL

Hi RamGuy / Corsair Community!! I'm looking to purchase 2Ghz of memory. I want the best, hence I'm looking for some Corsair. I run XP, enjoy playing the latest video games and enjoy producing music so I need memory that is reliable and pretty damn fast. I presently have 1ghz of Kingston (2x512) it's okay but I know my system can be better with some decent memory so... I'm very interested in purchasing this memory .. would you recommend? Corsair TWINX2048-3200 DDR-DIMM 2048MB Kit w/two matched CMX1024-3200 DIMMs SEE: [url]http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?sku=122785&cks=PRL[/url] But that's a heck of a lot of money so I'm hoping you can answer my questions. 1. Is it suitable for my PC: I have an Intel D865PERL [url]http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/rl/[/url] With an Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.8Ghz 2. How do I work out how fast the FSB is on my CPU and will the speed determine how great the memory is? 3. Is the memory I want to purchase suitable for my computer? 4. Do I just need to slot my memory in 'hey presto!' or do I need to tweak settings on the motherboard and / or BIOS if so, can someone quickly run through what I need to change and if you could point me in the direction of some useful resources for my particular set up. 5. I'm not into over clocking so is this memory a waste of money and are there other cheaper solutions I should at least consider? Thanks IntelPERL

• Corsair Employee
These modules should run great in this MB! And yes they would be a part I would suggest for this MB if you needed 2.0 Gig of memory! If you did not need 2.0 Gig of memory I would suggest Twinx1024-3200 as well! And for the CPU freq. question, you will need to run a 800FSB CPU or it will default to DDR333! This is a chipset limitation!

Archived