Corsair Community

Software kills mouse sensor

Revillis

Made a post earlier about the weights, but looks like that's the least of my concerns.

Whenever I have the software installed it automatically kills off the mouse sensor. There is absolutely no tracking whatsoever. I've tried adjusting settings in the software, different USB ports, and even the old unplugging & replugging trick and still does not work.

If I uninstall the software it begins to work again. It works on every USB port, surface, and even saves the dpi before. But the macros won't work. Install the software and reboot and immediately kills the tracking again.

Makes no sense whatsoever. Even cleared out the temp files too. Have to use my old G9 when uninstalling and even it works on the same port. Only had the M60 and the software "play nice" when first installed. Tried it out later on today and the software just kills it.

Wish the solution was that easy. I've tried both of those before and neither worked. The mouse has been plugged into every USB 2.0 port on my motherboard. Encountered the same problem as before: Works great without the software, but doesn't save my macros. Install the software and immediately kills the tracking.

Reflashing the firmware didn't solve the problem either. Although it was with the M90 software flasher earlier. It was the only one readily available. Would like to know where you found the firmware flasher for the M60. Almost all the documentation for it points to the M90.

Appreciate the response back RAMGUY, but already returned it back for a refund.

For the most part, I liked the build quality of the M60. I enjoyed the grip, love the button depression, and almost everything else about it, except the weight, but the software is a huge problem. This mouse has been out for 6 months and the software is still in the beta. There's absolutely no excuse for it. Tried it on multiple PCs. The problem still persisted. Having it save the DPI was great, in spite of the ridiculously lite weight, but it was just another over priced mouse without the macros.

Does this occur when the mouse and software are loaded on another computer?

Yes. Tried it on at least three other PCs. Encountered the same problem as before. The other machines: Windows XP32 bit, another Windows 7 64 bit, and a crappy Vista laptop. The laptop exhibited other problems with the mouse-- like it periodically turning on and off.

Archived