Corsair Community

Corsair CMX512-3500CDPT Discontinued? Now what?

Madman

Quite awhile back, late December of '02, I purchased one stick of Corsair XMS 512MB 3500C2PT XMS30502v1.1 CL2 ram. Years later, I finally wish to add another 512MB, but it's no where to be found. The closest is the 512MB 3500RE. It's a rather steep price. I've looked everywhere trying to find the previous version, but no luck. Is there another stick I can purchase with my current one to obtain a full 1g of DDR Ram? With preferably equal function and speed? My motherboard is an Epox EP-4PEA+. P4, 2.53ghz. Any help is appreciated! Theres no way I can buy two new sticks.

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry but XMS3500C2 is no longer in production! Either you can try and find a reseller who might have old stock! (Doubtful) Or you might see if you have another use for this module and just get Twinx1024-3200LL if your MB will supports dual channel, or 1 CMX1024-3200 if the MB is single channel and you need a gig of memory!

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, after reading a lot - looks like I wasn't the first to find this out. ;) I have found a few used XMS3500C2 [Non-Platinum] which should be fine. Still v1.1s, just a different color. But man! They sure seem to have held their value nicely. :) Thanks for the help.

• Corsair Employee
Well we never released a different revision of this module so you should have no problems! But I would do what you can to make sure the module is working before you purchase it! Also I would suggest that you read our [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/warranty.html]Warranty Policy[/URL] as well!

Archived