Corsair Community

H100 Operation versus H60

Ken429

I thought I would move these comments to the correct forum since we got off subject in another thread.

Ram Guy,

The 3750K has a CPU Temp of ~30C at idle and a max of 55C under load - Prime95 - 4 workers. It reaches 55C on core 0 very quickly (<5 min) and then tends to run in the lower 50's on core 0 and in the 40's on the other three. That is when it is set to the default options (3.8GHz under load). By contrast, the 2600K has a CPU Temp of ~30C at idle and a max of 58C under load - 8 workers at 4.5GHz. The room (basement) Temp is ~17C. Both systems have an H60 with Push/Pull fans. At this point I have not tried to OC the 3750K.

I installed the H100 last night in a 600T case and am very disappointed at the moment! The 3750K using the stock H100 fans runs at ~30C when idle and quickly goes to 55C on core 0 under load and then settles back down to the low 50's on core 0 and the 40's on the other 3 cores. AND....the #$%^* H100 pump is making a noise like a disk drive on a seeking frenzy. So at this point all I have gained is a noisy pump going from a H60 Push/Pull to the stock H100. Hopefully, the H100 will perform better than the H60 when the 3750K is OC'd. I also stumbled into the fact that the H100 will not allow me to go Push/Pull in the 600T case. Too many things on the Gigabyte MB get in the way. I had to install the fans on the top of the case which is OK for now.

I must be on a Corsair roll of some kind - I have two H50's and two H60's and they were/are whisper quiet from day one. Based on the thread in the forum I tried laying the case on its side and the H100 pump quiets down but as soon as I put the case upright the noise is back. I'll let it run a few day and see if it goes away. Also, I have to put a 10# weight on top of the case when I first boot up otherwise the H100 fans running at 100% start to take off. I assume this is part of the H100 fan controller package?!

Aren't you glad you asked!

Well, I did all the things suggested in various threads to get rid of the "AIR BUBBLE" pump noise and it ain't going away. So I am in the same boat with a whole bunch of others waiting for the fix. Hopefully, there will be a notification sent to all of us H100 noisy pump people when Corsair gets to the root cause of the problem and the solution?

Ram Guy,

Ok, I did the RMA routine. Hopefully, Corsair will not ship me a replacement with the same defect whatever that might be? Also, I mis-spoke, I have two H60's - one that I bought a long time ago and it is quiet and one that I bought recently (May 1st) and it has the same problem as the H100. I had thought the noise was an old WD hard drive going bad but it was the H60 pump all along. I assume this is the same pump issue as the H100?!

Ram Guy,

http://www.overclock.net/t/1236923/corsair-h100-h80-h60-noise-grinding-pump-fix/240_20#post_17333576

Does this mean that Corsair will not ship a replacement H100 until the units have a "good" bearing? Also, does this same situation apply to the H60's.

I have tried slowing the pump down on my H60 and the noise goes away. Rather than go through the RMA process for what is a relatively minor problem at least on the H60 does Corsair recommend this solution. If so, why not make the ~$2 resistor part/fix an option versus the RMA hassle? Do you happen to know what the magic voltage is that quiets the pump while slowing it down the absolute minimum? I know 5V or 7V fan resistors are overkill and cause the CPU to run hotter.

If not, is Corsair developing an RMA plan for us guys with the defective pump bearing that will allow cross shipment and no charge return shipment? At this point it does not appear to be working that way. I got two RMA's one for the H100 and one for the H60 and I have to pay the shipping back to Corsair on both units.

hello, i already has a prepaid billl (UPS GROUND) for return defective h60 unit (before they found trouble, ack) to Corsair, just post a complaint to customer service. i will check updating for this trouble because my new unit work correctly just one days and the noise came back.

Archived