Corsair Community

Just got new replacement K90

Despair

And so far... it's working great. Just spent half an hour or so installing the 40A-R O-Ring dampeners on all the mechanical keys and testing them out to make sure the feel was even across all keys which it is. :)

Haven't got to test it out in a game yet but so far so good. Quick question though... I noticed as I pulled up the software and looked at the firmware version it's showing v1.13 rather than the v1.08 the beta had.

Is this a newer firmware version or which am I using? Just curious.

And thanks btw RAM GUY for all your help getting me an RMA setup and quickly taken care of. :D:

I installed the beta 2.12 software, yet the version number it displays is v1.00.00.02. The zip folder says beta 2.12, though; I have no idea if I'm even using the beta software or not.

Alright I take back what I said earlier... My 7 key's LED has just gone out on me and won't light back up.

I've only used it for like... an hour? Wow...I'm annoyed. This is exactly why I wanted a refund in the first place which they wouldn't give me. Because if it's not one thing with this keyboard it's another. :(:

Make that two keys now no longer lit. The 7 and my ] } key's.

Wow Corsair.. Are you serious?

The entire keyboard's LED's are now ALL flickering and I have another LED entirely out.

This was my 3rd RMA. How many more before I get a properly working keyboard?

Two with dead LED's and one with inconsistent key presses and a malfunctioning D key. What's next?

Just got my brand new replacement for 3rd time today. Plugged it in and the D key's LED is not working.

I am so disappointed that I sincerely cannot express in words. I don't know what to do at this point. :(

Alright I just called the number directly at customer service and was told to bring it back and exchange it with another will call before 5pm pst so I'm on my way there now to the Hayward location.

Customer service was great at handling my case I just want everyone to know. I know RAM GUY helped out directly and Jason at Corsair's customer service/tech support department went out of his way and called me on the phone to make sure this last RMA went smoothly and even offered a flash drive for the troubles. I greatly appreciated his extra effort to provide the quality customer service that not many do anymore nowadays.

Also Mario at the Corsair facility in Hayward was extremely helpful and even let me test the K90 keyboard prior to leaving this time on his computer there to ensure it was working properly.

And now I have a great working K90 keyboard which I am thoroughly enjoying in games now. Just waiting for that new driver to come out at the end of June so hopefully customizing macro's n such will be much easier. :)

The O-Ring dampeners make a big difference and I am beginning to really like these red mx switches with them now.

My keyboard does show firmware version 1.13 while software is still on the 1.00. Is this firmware newer and if so what is different compared to previous versions? Just curious. :D

Keyboard is working great though btw! Thanks Corsair. :)

• Corsair Employees

I'm glad everything is working great for you. Again sorry for all the trouble.

The latest version of the software and firmware will be located on the product page for the K90.

http://www.corsair.com/media/cms/drivers/K90_setup_beta2.12_010612.zip

Your keyboard should already have the latest version, but it is possible it may have the previous version depending on when the unit was boxed.

Yeah I was just wondering if the firmware version 1.13 is one that hasn't been released yet as I thought the latest beta firmware as in the link you provided me, shows version 1.08 when checked via the info button at the top in the vengeance software.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same thing happened to me, my K90 firmware was 1.13, after an update with the "last" corsair official firmware become 1.07, I asked the customer support and they replied:

Technical Support

The most recent firmware should be 1.07. There shouldn't have been 1.13 as there is no such firmware version (at all).

I'm glad I'm not the only one to state this :)

btw all seems to work fine, just a strange situation

The beta firmware shows firmware version 1.08 if I believe. Mine is 1.13 which would indicate a version that is later than the beta if I'm not mistaken?

I was asking about the 1.13 firmware specifically and what is different about it as it appears it is a later version that what is currently offered?

• Corsair Employees

The information you are reading is correct. The Beta version firmware reading will read lower then what comes on the keyboard flashed. It is newer.

Sorry for the confusion this may have caused.

Archived