Corsair Community

Brand New TX750M noisy

Nickjf20

Hi,

I've just bought a TX750M that arrived today, to replace a cheaper, fully modular, ******** ZT supply that sadly failed.

I thought the Corsair range would live up to the 'hype', but so far all I've heard is a fast cricket chirping like noise from the PSU fan. It's not that loud, but it is annoying, and by far the noisiest thing in my case.

I know it's the fan because stopping it with a bit of plastic stops the incessant whir.

There's also an occasional 'grinding' noise that I would associate with old mechanical HDDs, but that's not too bad.

Amazon have run out of stock, and I'd really prefer not to have the slightly less modular TX750 V2.

RMA is a pain as it's taken a week or 2 for this PSU to arrive (i.e. no PC) - the PSU works, but the fan issue is going to annoy me forever if I don't get it fixed. Considering it's only just arrived, what do you recommend ?

Not that I can see from here - I don't really want to open it up anyway since I've only just got it ...

How long does an RMA take ?

I heard you have to pay postage - do Corsair refund the postage once it's arrived ?

Ahh, so with a 5 year warranty, you are paying 50% of the PSU cost for each and every repair which is entirely Corsair's fault ?

Seems absurd to me ... especially when their RMA location is in the Netherlands

Looks like I'll have to go hunting for another brand again *sigh*

Ahh, so with a 5 year warranty, you are paying 50% of the PSU cost for each and every repair which is entirely Corsair's fault ?

Seems absurd to me ... especially when their RMA location is in the Netherlands

Looks like I'll have to go hunting for another brand again *sigh*

I am too, having problems with my HX750 shutting down...It has happen at least five times...It is also very loud! I am not please with Corsair...

I have placed the plug into another outlet and will check to make sure that all parts are seated, but after that I must assume the PSU is bad...

If this product has to be RMA to the EU, I can only guess the high cost of shipping...

This company is on the verge of losing me as a long time customer...

So I will ax, were are PUS RMA to...? Does someone have an address?

• Corsair Employees
Sorry that you feel that way but our warranty policy is no different from a lot of manufacturers, pretty standard. If your unit is with in the return policy of your seller then by all means, I would recommend that you take advantage of it. Otherwise, please use the link on the left and submit an RMA.

Archived