Corsair Community

H60 pump noise on boot, fine after

baz74

I'm having a bit of a noise issue with my H60 cooler, and though it seems to be getting a little worse, I'd appreciate any advice or possible fixes on it before I go through the RMA process.

Basically, when I first boot up my PC, the pump makes a loud 'grinding' type of noise, and the bios reports a 'CPU fan error' and refuses to boot (This used to happen now and then, but it's been happening daily for the past couple of weeks). After a hard reset it'll still be noisy, but windows will boot up fine. One more restart later and the noise goes and everything's fine for the rest of the day. The next day I have to repeat the process.

So, in short of returning it (which I'd like to avoid, I need the PC for work so 2+ weeks downtime isn't an option, and I don't have any replacements I can use in the meantime), are there any suggestions or tips for it (besides tapping etc, which I've tried), does anyone have any similar experiences, or is it about to fail completely?

Ta!

I would just return it. before it fails completely which it sounds like it's on it's way .

Your reseller would be fastest , but if you do not have that option you can contact CS on monday and ask them about an advanced RMA. to keep downtime to a min.

Your reseller would be fastest , but if you do not have that option you can contact CS on monday and ask them about an advanced RMA. to keep downtime to a min.

Thanks, I wasn't aware they had that option

How old is the H60?

It was part of a pre-built system I bought in October last year, so around 7 months. It was always slightly noisy (the sounds-like-a-hd issue) but only close up.

Archived