Corsair Community

XMS3200v2.1 defaults to 157 in Asus K8v =(

starcaptor

Hi, I read maybe one other post with someonie with similar problem as me, but no real solution. I just bought a stick of XMS3200v2.1 512mb from a friend, to use in my Athlon 64 3200+. But when I set ram timings to 2:1 (DDR400) in the latest bios of k8v se deluxe, everything else stock, it always goes to 157 mhz, not 200. It only runs at spec with 1:1 (DDR200). I can only get it to go higher by upping FSB out of speck. The ratios also totally screw up when i change multiplier of the CPU with clockgen. I cant even get it to run at the same spec as my stock Infineon PC3200 memory, which doesnt seem to have this problem. Any solutions? I have tried voltage, timing, and diff slots, and diff bios. No avail. =/

I think it has to do with that PC3200 didnt exist yet officially before this memory was made, so the board is just refusing to run it at DDR400 normally....I know it can do it though, because in my P4 it can run as high as 230 at stock voltages. Waiting for email reply from ramguy...their first reply was to make tTCD 3, tRP 3 and tRAS8, and CAS3, and 2.7v, and then it wouldnt boot up at all (creepy lady voice saying overclocking failed, and had to restart. Whatup with that ;_;

• Corsair Employee
If the modules were made before January of 2003 we use the JEDEC defined values for PC-2700 as there was no official spec for DDR400 until that time! I would try and find another use for the module or modules you have and just get a new Twinx1024-3200XL with this system! Also I would suggest that you read our [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/warranty.html]Warranty Policy[/URL] as well!

Archived