Corsair Community

Overclocking P4C800-E Deluxe with Retail Intel HSF

iggi

First off, please forgive me if I make any ignorant statements as I'm new to the whole overclocking deal. Right now I'm just trying to maximize the performance of my system with these components: Asus P4C800-E Deluxe TWIX1024-3200XL Pro Turbo-Cool 510 Deluxe PSU ([url]www.pcpowerandcooling.com[/url]) 3.0GHZ Intel Northwood processor with Retail HSF Sapphire X800 Pro Currently I have a mild overclock of 212 for my FSB with a multiplier of 15 for my CPU giving me 3.18GHZ. DDR voltage is set to stock motherboard max at 1.85V. My memory timings are set to 2-2-2-6. This runs very stable with no errors discovered in memtest86. Can anyone suggest the best overclock values to use with this setup to maximize gaming performance? I'd prefer to remain with the stock Intel HSF and not have to voltage mod my motherboard. Thanks!

You are on the right track. You are getting close to the limits of where that memory will do 2-2-2-6. Tempature will be your next limit. Does your system ever lag after an extended time playing games? If not, you have some more headroom for OC'ing. You will need to find the limit of your hardware, because it will be different from what other are able to do. I would suggest going up slowly and testing with Memtest86 ([url]www.memtest.org[/url]) before ever trying to go into your OS. If you have errors, you can back of the timings to go higher. I am running 2-3-3-7 @ 235 with my XL's.

Thanks, I appreciate the advice. I ran 3DMark03 and Doom3 and watched my Asus Probe software to see what the CPU temp was looking like. It looks like it maxes out at 59 Celsius at the current 212 FSB overclock. Does it sound like there is room to move temperature-wise? Do you know when my CPU may start throttling back its speed?

Archived