Corsair Community

K90 non response issues

Rastaman-FB

I play CSS at a competitive level. I bought this as i trusted corsair as a brand and preferred the wrist support on this over the k60.

I wanted a mechanical keyboard as i want long lasting reliability.

I noticed the issues with no response a few times now. At first i thought i was going mad or i was just not pressing something properly but certainly today it was happening enough for me to do a search to find if other people were having similar issues (also with k60). Seems they are!!!! the keyboard is not reliable and potentially could cost me rounds in important matches as you need to strafe alot in CSS.

I know for some people they would be like "wow you are complaining about a small factor" but i bought this for gaming with a gaming rig built of quality.

I could have got a different mechanical KB for cheaper but i wanted the best looking and best feeling one ive seen. i have that sick feeling ive made a mistake now as it appears that this issue has been going on for some time.

after reading this i checked the lazer etching, its bad on some of my keys as well.

I can only imagine a 3rd party is making this keyboard for corsair and theyve cut corners somewhere.

Can you fix it? and if you can please fix it, i can handle the lazer etching but this none response issue in CSS is inexcusable

I have updated the KB to the latest firmware and I have the software installed.

• Corsair Employees

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your device.

I would suggest we go ahead and replace the keyboard for the key fading.

As far as your key problem. That is not normal at all. I have played a ton of CS and BF3 on my K60 and have not had that issue ever.

the keys are not fading, they are two weeks old.

im saying they are poorly lazered and not aligned on all keys

Thats a non issue really, I just cared to mention it as I noticed it after reading another thread.

if you read this thread from the k60

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=102612

The OP mentions this issue.

Mine started happening since i installed the latest firmware and software (if that is at all relevant)

thanks for your help, im going to try it for a while without the software

Yeah I'm starting to have these issues more and more frequently with this K90 keyboard in games I play competitively specifically FPS.

The keys for example the "D" for sidestepping to the right would not respond and then as I tried to fix it by pressing another key such as "A" to sidestep left it caused the "A" key to get stuck completely forcing me into sidestepping left and causing me to get killed during a team survivor match. Unacceptable as this issue has plagued this keyboard since its release when I purchased it and since have been waiting for a new driver/firmware update to address these issues that basically make the keyboard unusable for gaming.

I would like to know who I need to contact at Corsair to get a refund for this keyboard as I no longer wish to deal with the problems it has and wait for MONTHS for a possible fix after paying 150+ dollars after tax and shipping for a keyboard. Don't tell me it isn't possible either as I would have returned this keyboard originally before my 30 days with Amazon had been up however a Corsair tech support member told me over the phone when I had called in asking why I couldn't adjust the polling rate and why there was a problem with ghosting, etc that the polling rate not being there was a bug and would be fixed in the next driver version (which isn't true at all now as that specification was a "mistake") and that the repeating key issue was going to be worked out in a firmware fix (I assume at the time he meant the beta which was released) and still hasn't happened.

Please advise on who to contact directly or should I just create a support ticket on the website?

• Corsair Employees

Thank you. I'm interested in checking out those pictures.

Despair: The issue you are describing is something different then the repeat key issue we are currently developing an update for. Just to confirm it sounds like your key becomes unresponsive and requires another key to be pressed before the old key will work again?

Thank you. I'm interested in checking out those pictures.

Despair: The issue you are describing is something different then the repeat key issue we are currently developing an update for. Just to confirm it sounds like your key becomes unresponsive and requires another key to be pressed before the old key will work again?

Along with the "stuck" repeating key issue, yes that is correct a key will become suddenly unresponsive until I hit a different key on the board.

For example trying to sidestep right using D suddenly would not work during an FPS game however once I hit A to sidestep left (which then actually got "stuck" and forced me to keep sidestepping into a wall) I was unable to get the D key to respond and stop the repeating A key until I spammed the space bar and W/S keys and got the abnormal function to cease. This is not a common occurrence however when it does happen it makes gaming competitively impossible.

Along with the "stuck" repeating key issue, yes that is correct a key will become suddenly unresponsive until I hit a different key on the board.

For example trying to sidestep right using D suddenly would not work during an FPS game however once I hit A to sidestep left (which then actually got "stuck" and forced me to keep sidestepping into a wall) I was unable to get the D key to respond and stop the repeating A key until I spammed the space bar and W/S keys and got the abnormal function to cease. This is not a common occurrence however when it does happen it makes gaming competitively impossible.

i had this once, i think its the repeat key issue but in fps it will translate as just going one direction. so when you tap the other it ignores it as its still spamming that key.

Good idea Rasta. You're lucky that you're still within the 30 day period to get a refund from the vendor as I am not because I was told about a week after I bought it over the phone from Corsair support that a new firmware/driver would be released to address the issues the keyboard was having and the "new" driver they released ended up being the Beta which fixed almost none of the real issues it has and been stuck since then.

As I am tired of waiting for a functional firmware and driver to make this keyboard work reliably for competitive gaming I will ask again RAM GUY, who do I contact directly at Corsair to return my K90 and get refunded? I unfortunately do not wish to continue waiting for a functional firmware and will get a different mechanical keyboard suitable for gaming elsewhere perhaps with less bells n' whistles but more reliable and slightly cheaper.

I preferably don't want to get the "run-around" in a support ticket so please advise on who to contact directly at Corsair. Thank you.

Archived