Corsair Community

Airflow 2 (CMXAF2) Cooling Fan Assembly - Blue or Red

WOLF

Dear Corsair!

I have a minor issue and that is those on-line computer dealers that sell Airflow 2 (CMXAF2) Cooling Fan Assembly, it never shows or says anything if its the Blue or Red labeled.

So lets say I buy a kit of Dominator GT DD3 and theres no cooling fan assembly, how do I get hold of the red one then? And if I can only get the blue labeled is it possible to get the Dominator GT labels via Corsair?

Would be grateful if Corsair instruct the dealers to be more specific in what model it is.

The reason for my question is that I might complement my Dominator GT cooling fan assembly with a new one since I bought a new motherboard (Asus Rampage IV Extreme) that runs in quad channel. Hoping for a kit of 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator GT on 2400MHz to come out :-)

Well that's all from me for now.

Thank You!

WOLF.

Dear Wired (and Corsair).

Thank you so much for the good information that is very handy in the case.

Unfortunately in the case of the on-line computer hardware dealers for the Swedish customers there seems to be only CMXAF2 that are for sales and NOT CMXAF2 GT.

Since the new Quad Channel Memory Kit brings the memories divided into two groups on either side of the processor (Asus Rampage IV Extreme) , would not it be a good idea to compile Corsair AirFlow Pro (CMXAFPRO) with a set of Airflow 2 (CMXAF2 GT) Cooling Fan Assembly in a package for sale? Or how have you at Corsair come to the conclusions regarding split memory groups contra Dominator (GT) cooling fan assembly, do you ship with 2 sets of Dominator (GT) cooling fan assembly's or do you refrain from including the cooling fan assembly at all?

Then I would like to add something from personal experience as I even heard from Other Dominator cooling fan assembly owners.

It is the quality of the fans to the Dominator (and GT) cooling fan assembly, which I think do not live up to Corsair's excellent reputation since they seems to more or less fail in a short period of time.

Finally, I would like to express my appreciation for Corsair's new Air Series fans (AF & SP) that i think looks excellent, as I separately pointed out in a post of it's own that, sadly, disappeared in the crowd somewhere.

Good Job Corsair.

Thank You!

Sincerely, WOLF (aka Bengt WOLF Johansson at FaceBook).

• Corsair Employees
It would be nice to include the fans and AirflowPRO bundle with any of the Quad kits but this is not how it is setup at the moment. Both the Dominator fan and AirflowPRO are always available for purchase when you want to add them to any Dominator kits.

Thank you RAM GUY.

Unfortunately, little Sweden is not so large even in terms of access to computer components such as the U.S., even when our infrastructure is well advanced.

But I hope there will be improvement in the future.

Another thing off subject.

I can't get hold of my account at Corsair by login, it might be in the change of ISP, I'm not sure. I contacted Corsair about it for some weeks ago but still no answer. I have my order with number 10366424 Corsair Dominator GT TR3X6G2000C8GTF G that I bought directly from Corsair USA 2009 at that account.

Would be nice to get hold of that account again.

Thank you.

Sincerely, WOLF.

I say it again...

I can't get hold of my account at Corsair by login, it might be in the change of ISP, I'm not sure. I contacted Corsair about it for some weeks ago but still no answer. I have my order with number 10366424 Corsair Dominator GT TR3X6G2000C8GTF G that I bought directly from Corsair USA 2009 at that account.

Would be nice to get hold of that account again.

I have send email and post it here but no response in my need of a helping hand.

Thank you.

I'm a former computer technician and help many people in their computer problems as well as new configurations, I do recommend many of Corsairs products since I'm a fan of Corsair.

Thank You!

WOLF.

• 1 month later...
I will let customer service know about this matter. In the meantime, can you please send an e-mail to RAMGUY@Corsair.com regarding this inquiry? I'll be more than happy to pass along the message.

Dear RAM GUY!

Unfortunately, I have not received any response or help regarding my Corsair account that I some time have not been able to access.

I have sent two e-mail by request in the hope that your eminent customer support could come up with a solution, but nothing in return.

Does this mean that in a declining interest and with it the previous high status of Corsair's customer support?

I hope for a solution, but this would not occur, then I'd be extremely disappointed considering all the work I helped to friends and acquaintances to buy Corsair products.

Yours Sincerely, Bengt "WOLF" Johansson.

Dear Ram Guy!

Thank you for your reply up on my post.

No Sir, I don't have any ongoing order at the moment. I just want to get hold of my old account in case of future orders.

But if it requires too much work, I might as well create a new account when the time comes which bears against me when since I'm not so much for having multiple accounts in one place.

The reason for the lost of my account is totally mine which I apologize for.

Sincerely, Bengt "WOLF" Johansson.

Archived