Corsair Community

What timings can I run CMP8GX3M4A1600C8 at?

i6pwr

I don't want to push the RAM too far but i'm curious if I can get 1866 or even just stay at 1600 with tighter timings than 8-8-8-24? Just curious what others have reached without any issues with this particular set.

Seems tighter timings are favored over a next higher step in speed, so I have read anyway.

Well, I went to try to set the RAM@ 8-8-8-24, set voltage to 1.6 and upped the CPU/NB voltage by .2 and it would not start up.

Something I noticed when I set the NB offset to .2, it displayed .45000, regardless if I set the offset to .15 or .2.

I reset everything to AUTO and all is working so any suggestions woul dbe appreciated.

I have already been through this with my last 1333 set so perhaps I changed an incorrect setting. I changed the DRAM freq to 1666, thanged the timings, then adjusted the voltage.

HI i6pwr

Your memory is tested a 1600MHz,

so thers no garanty that it will run at 1866MHz.

1866MHz memory could run slower at a lower latancy

The same thing is applicable for 2000, 2133 and 2400MHz memory

But you can't run 1600MHz tested memory at 1866MHz and expect to be stable

Hope this help

Sincerly yours

Sorry, 1666 was a typo.

I set it to 1600 and when started it up, the screen was blank. I ended up going through a timely windows repair to get everything going. Last set of RAM it would at least load windows...this time it really didn't like what I did.

• Corsair Employees
Just go to BIOS setup and load setup defaults and set the timings and Voltage that is on the modules label. Or set the memory frequency at DDR1333 at Cas 7-8-7-24 at 1.7 Volts and set the CPU/NB Voltage +.1 Volts and set Command Rate to 2t and you should be good to go.

Archived