Corsair Community

Corsair Accelerator / Improper Shutdown Detected

Hi folks..

Im having heavy troubles with my new corsair accelerator drive 60 gb, every time i reboot or shutdown my pc, when i power on it again, i receive this:

Dataplex v1.1.3.3: Improper Shutdown Detected.

Restorin cache map. DO NOT INTERRUPT.

Progress: Completed in = 0 seconds.

Press 'D' key to DISABLE Dataplex or any other key to continue... (Timeout: 10 seconds).

Here i press "D" and get this :(::

Dataplex INFO: Disable reques detected.

This process may take minutes dependind on chached data.

DO NOT INTERRUPT.

NOTE: To enable Dataplex again, you must unistall and re-INSTALL Dataplex from Windows.

After that: There is no bootable disk on the PC and i have to restore using a windows image previously created.

Is anybody by there with the same problem? solved?

Thanks in advance.

1998650757_2012-05-0211_50_47.thumb.jpg.893002b97c26732a280301d30cbd67c8.jpg

• Corsair Employees
Please check in your MB BIOS and see what the Boot order is with the Accelerator ATTACHED then disconnect our cache drive and see if it boots normally or if it gives you some error. And you only have one HDD installed is that correct? Or do you have more than one HDD in this system?

hi.

in the bios is first the hard drive, second is the corsair accelerator and third the dvd-rom. and yes, there is only one hard drive.

i also try putimg the corsair as first, but i get the same error. i will try again a clean install on a differennt hard drive.

which drive you think i should have as first boot option?

regards.

• Corsair Employees

You cannot set the Accelerator drive as the Boot drive it will not work that way.

And do not add or connect the cache drive until after you have Windows installed and you are using Windows 7 correct?

Yes, i use Windows 7 enterprise 64 bits.

This is what i did. I relocated the hard drives, now i use the Seagate 500Gb for Windows(first sata port on MB), the corsair accelerator (second sata port on MB),and the Seagate 1.5TB for backup (third sata port on MB)

The boot drive on BIOS is the Seagate 500 GB.

Changing from the 1.5tb to the 500 gb let me boot the pc with the accelerator installed, even if a do a improper shutdown intentionally, when this is detected, i simply press a key and windows go on.

BUT, now i installed the dataplex software, at the setup select the only drive available to be the target (500 gb with windows install), but after a reboot or 2 i get this:

Target Drive = ST31500341AS ATA Device (1397.2 GB)

The wrong disk is being cached. But how? if the dataplex software only cache the disk with the Windows Installation.

NOTE: thank you for taking the time for read this post.

wrong_target_drive.png.565e0c3e059011eee8cd8f4ba7ddff46.png

Yes, i use Windows 7 enterprise 64 bits.

This is what i did. I relocated the hard drives, now i use the Seagate 500Gb for Windows(first sata port on MB), the corsair accelerator (second sata port on MB),and the Seagate 1.5TB for backup (third sata port on MB)

The boot drive on BIOS is the Seagate 500 GB.

Changing from the 1.5tb to the 500 gb let me boot the pc with the accelerator installed, even if a do a improper shutdown intentionally, when this is detected, i simply press a key and windows go on.

BUT, now i installed the dataplex software, at the setup select the only drive available to be the target (500 gb with windows install), but after a reboot or 2 i get this:

Target Drive = ST31500341AS ATA Device (1397.2 GB)

The wrong disk is being cached. But how? if the dataplex software only cache the disk with the Windows Installation.

NOTE: thank you for taking the time for read this post.

Reinstall Dataplex with the 1.5TB HD disconnected. When you are done plug it back in and see if it caches the 500GB HD.

If it does the same thing, Contact Nvelo

http://nvelo.com/contact.html

Done. i wrote to Dataplex for this error and they send me this answer:

(Hi Pedro,

Thanks for choosing Corsair Accelerator / Dataplex.

The issue you are seeing is a reporting issue in the Dataplex status window and does not affect the caching behavior - your Windows boot drive is the one being cached.

Our next release will fix this minor bug.

Hope this helps,

Dave)

So, everything is working fine now.

Thank you very much for your help. I am very grateful!

Archived