Corsair Community

Hx1050w rma

davebournr

Hi i recently requested an advanced RMA for a HX1000w psu due to a fault and recieved a HX1050w as a replacement. This psu is making a noise that is similar to a post i made in 2009, which is coming from the fan inside the psu.

I requested another advance RMA on monday and recieved another HX1050w today and this psu is making the exact same noise. Is this common for the fan to make a sort of whistling/chirping noise. i can hear it over the rest of my pc as it is pretty quiet, and find it rather annoying.

So should i request another RMA and also i now have these 2 psu's that need returning to corsair (the hx1000w has been returned) which is going to be rather expensive. would corsair be willing to arrange collection.

Any advise is appreciated

Thanks

Corsair will pay for return shipping for 2nd RMAs within a given period.

i would request an RMA but in the comments section please put your recent RMA number and explain the issue.

once your RMA is approved you will have a prepaid shipping label emailed to you.

i would call customer service once you have a case number to see about speedy approval and also explain its a second RMA.

you can install and use SKYPE if you are not in the USA for free phone call.

good luck!

Thanks for the reply.

Just spoke to tech support. They are sending another psu to me. Also a prepaid shipping label will be emailed to me to send these 2 back. Hope this one is ok, never had so many issues with a component within a small time frame.

The advanced RMA#1274577. Recieved confirmation of collection of these 2 psu's within the next few working days. Need to get a big enough box for them both tomorrow. Also waiting for the shipping label to be emailed to me, then they are ready to be collected.

• Corsair Employees
We are looking into this now and I have asked for the units you returned to be shipped back to our head quarters so I can kick some but and take a few names. ::pirate:: But we are working to solve that.

Got the replacement delivered today. only got time to test it with a psu tester outside of my pc. results are that this unit does not make any noise that i can hear from a short distance away, the others i could hear the noise from the other side of my living room.

Will ring corsair today to find out about the return shipping label.

Also i will fully test this psu later in the week when i get more time.

Archived