Corsair Community

Obsidian 800D case and the 2 small 3'5" slot

Jadelightn

I am just wondering is there any way of mounting a 2xSSD with an adapter in 2 small 3'5" at the bottom of case. If I remember correctly the drive rails for case, the plastic ones, the pins are too far spaced to use the corsair SSD adapter. Anyone have a solution or do I have version 800D case 1.0 and this has been resolved?

I am just wondering is there any way of mounting a 2xSSD with an adapter in 2 small 3'5" at the bottom of case. If I remember correctly the drive rails for case, the plastic ones, the pins are too far spaced to use the corsair SSD adapter. Anyone have a solution or do I have version 800D case 1.0 and this has been resolved?

Not trying to hijack this thread, but "on some website" I read a build log where the guy mounted hard drives on the "cable" side of his 800D case. I guess the space there is thick enough to accommodate a hard drive, even a 3.5" drive.

So maybe Corsair or some enterprising soul could design a mounting bracket that could be fastened in to that underside. That would be a great way to use extra space. :laughing:

• 2 weeks later...

Use the Scythe Bay Rafter 2.5" adapter from http://www.frozencpu.com. Their mounting holes are an exact match for the 800D rails. Furthermore, you can put two SSD's in each adapter with the proper SATA cables. I use them all the time in my builds.

FYI, while you're on their website, pick up their USB 3.0 adapter for the 800D front panel. It has a 20-pin connector on one end and two female USB 3.0 sockets on the other.

Hope this helps ...

I just bought a generic adapter and mounted my SSD in to and then into the lower bay. As a side note check your hot swap brackets if you have any open as if you offset the SSD in the bracked it most likely will line up with the back plane.

Archived