Corsair Community

CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9 isn't running at 1866

Mortabis

I am unable to get my 16gb of vengeance ram in 4gb sticks to run at advertised speeds on my Crosshair V. I have my 8120FX OC'ed to 4.3ghz with no problems detected with prime95, BUT when I overclock my ram to 1866, I get errors. Errors, both in prime95 and memtest86. I have tested each stick individually with memtest86 at stock settings and all 4gb sticks together at stock settings with no problems. I have also overclocked and tested each stick individually with no errors, but when I overclock and test all 4gb sticks together for some reason I get errors.

RAM settings are as follows:

====================

Memory Frequency:

1866mhz

DRAM Timings:

9-10-9-27

Voltage:

Everything else is on auto.

CPU settings are as follows:

====================

CPU Ratio:

CPU Voltage:

Everything else is on auto.

I don't think the ram is bad but, I just can't seem to get it to run at its specified speeds without BSOD's or errors in prime95 or memtest86.

Can anyone please help? Thanks.

Also i doubt you would still get 1866mhz with that overclock. the higher the overclock the lower your going to have to run memory.Not to mention the load running all your slots adds to the CPU's memory controller.

Will they all run at 1866 with your CPU at default speeds?

It very well could be mixing kit's as Synthohol suggested. That can also cause this issue.

Also i doubt you would still get 1866mhz with that overclock. the higher the overclock the lower your going to have to run memory.Not to mention the load running all your slots adds to the CPU's memory controller.

Will they all run at 1866 with your CPU at default speeds?

It very well could be mixing kit's as Synthohol suggested. That can also cause this issue.

Yes, they run at 1866 with the processor at stock speeds. I guess mixing sets could be the issue. However, I am currently running the CPU at 4.3ghz and the ram at 1866 with no issues. I just upped the CPU NB and it seems to be working. I ran prime95 for 6 hours with no errors. I would still like to hear your suggestions to fix the problem, maybe I can do a little more tweaking and get things running even better, I have heard reports of getting the ram to run at 2133, so, I might push for that eventually.

Archived